Question about Philips Voice Tracer DVT1000 Digital Voice Recorder - 2 GB Flash Memor
Although the display on my recorder shows that the usb connection to my computer is in place, there's no sign of the recorder in the list of removeable drives / storage devices. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
please restart your pc and your Digital voice recorder and reboot it your problem will be solved. If the problem continue then install the USB driver to your pc. It will work.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
You probably have your Windows Media Player set up for AUTOMATIC instead of MANUAL synchronization.
When this option is selected,Windows Media Player will add EVERY song, picture, etc from your Library on your computer to the GoGear. Now, every time you sync you device, it adds every new file from your computer into the GoGear automatically.
Here's what you want to do (this process assumes you have Windows Media Player 11 and windows XP - if you have another version, just let me know and I will give you modified instructions - reply to the FixYa website, not to my personal e-mail address):
1) Backup all files stored on your GoGear, as this process will delete all files from your GoGear
2) Go into Windows Media Player 11 with your GoGear connected to the computer (it will automatically sync and add new files one last time), move the mouse cursor over to the sync tab; a small black arrow will appear under the word "Sync"; click on the small black arrow and a dropdown menu will appear; select "Portable media device" from the dropdown menu, and another dropdown menu will appear; select "Set Up sync"; a window will appear with some information on your device - uncheck the box that says "Sync this device automatically"; click Finish; This will eliminate the problem of Windows always adding songs/files you don't want into your player.
As for some files not being viewable, try simply disconnecting the GoGear from the computer and resyncing with Windows Media Player. sometimes files will be displayed multiple times, and a simple resyncing will cure the problem. Otherwise:
You must use Windows Media Player to delete songs from the GoGear. With your GoGear connected to the PC, you want to highlight (single left click) the icon of the GoGear (or line that says Philips GoGear blah blah blah) on the left hand side of Windows Media Player 11 - this will ensure that you are deleting files from the GoGear itself, and not the computer. Once the GoGear line is highlighted, click on the "Songs" or "Album" folder underneath the GoGear line (NOT the "Songs" or "Album" folder underneath the "Library"). This will bring up a list of songs stored on the GoGear into the middle pane of Windows Media Player 11. Highlight (single left click) a song you want to delete and press the delete button on your computer's keyboard. windows USUALLY gives you a prompt asking if you really want to delete the files/they will be permanently removed from your (GoGear) device. Congratulations, you have just deleted songs from your GoGear! :-)
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
1. Go to
2. Search for 'USB' word on the page.
3. Click on the link
4. follow the instruction
5. After step 11, connect MP3 player again to PC.
6. You will see that the MP3 player running an update. Wait until the update is done
7. Disconnect it from PC. Now you are ready to use it.
Posted on May 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2017 | Coby Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 18, 2014 | LG LHT854 Theater System
May 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 21, 2010 | Sony Walkman NWZ-E344 Digital Media Player
Jan 16, 2010 | Sony PSP-3000 Silver Console
Dec 31, 2009 | Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder
Sep 26, 2009 | Iomega HDD External Desktop (32660) 80 GB...
Aug 03, 2008 | Sony ICD-B25 Digital Voice Recorder
Oct 12, 2007 | Panasonic RR-US006 Handheld Digital Voice...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: