Question about Yahoo Messenger
It says we cant sign you into Yahoo messenger. There might be a problem with your internet connection. Make sure you comp. is connected to the internet. Click troubleshoot to begin a series of tests to try to diagnose the connection problem. ( I reinstalled my YM and then a message popped it said there's a missing plug-in but when I click it, the message was gone and I cant retrieve it anymore)
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) Yahoo are concentrating their efforts to resolving sign-in issues
with Messenger 10. You may have to upgrade to this version if you
cannot resolve your problems and make use of the troubleshooting
software - even if you want to retro install an older version later.
2) users who opt for a default browser other than IE may be neglecting to keep IE up to date unaware that IE plays a crucial part in the running of Yahoo Messenger. I use Firefox as my default but note the amount of cleaning in IE when I run ccleaner.
3) Start your trouble shooting with a clean browser
Download 'ccleaner' and run it through a couple of times,using the factory settings and the 'Run Cleaner' control until 0 bytes are seen to be cleaned following a scan
Run the 'Registry' from the left hand toolbar but 'Save' any changes after opting to 'repair' errors.
4) It will be worth making IE your default browser while you troubleshoot
5) Download the latest IE from Microsoft
6) Ensure 'work offline' is unchecked :- > Tools - uncheck Work Offline.
7) Update your support software for IE using the links on this page
After updating check you do not have old versions of Flashplayer, Shockwaveplayer and Java running alongside the latest - this can cause conflicts
Start / control panel / programs
delete any old versions
8) If your log-in fails, interrogate the troubleshooting log for 'failed items'
Two Yahoo servers are used for initial log-ins
The log-in server checks your username and password are correct
If this has 'failed' check your IE can access a secure website by signing in here
No luck? check IE settings >Tools > Internet options > Connection tab > LAN > 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' > Advanced - Under 'Proxy address to use' check the info in 'Secure' and 'Port' are correct > OK for each window.
The connection server helps find the right location to synchronise with other servers- if this shows 'failed' change your YM settings to connect via a proxy.This can be done from the menu on the sign in page > Messenger > Preferences > Connection -adjust settings > Apply > OK
If all else fails - try dis-abling your firewall and do a test sign in.
Posted on Jan 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2012 | Nimbuzz Computers & Internet
Sep 10, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Jul 04, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 20, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Apr 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 22, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Oct 11, 2008 | Yahoo Messenger
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: