Question about Bosch Washing Machines
My machine won't rotate the drum
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Remove rear panel and check the belt is o/k, if it is, then remove belt, undo 2 bolts that hold motor, unplug the motor connector, lever motor back with a screwdriver, and remove motor.
Check the brushes, they should be at least 5mm long, \any shorter, then replace.
Plz rate my solution.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Always check to see if the water waste (located normally at bottom right) has no foreign objects in their such as bobby pins, coins etc It has happened to me 3 times (first time cost me $150)
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
First clean around the rubber with some mould and mildew cleaner for bathrooms - available from most supermarkets.
This is a natural accumulation of waste detergent, fabric softener, fibres and dirt build up that is being attacked by bacteria and eventually decomposes into a sludge / goo and then eventually starts smelling bad as well.
To keep the machine clean of waste build up and to keep any bad odours away:
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
7. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
I would say that the brushes want replacing in the motor, access to the motor is by removing the rear panel, remove the belt, and undo screws securing motor, remove motor, brushes are located at rear end of motor.
Please rate my solution.
Posted on Nov 08, 2009
SOURCE: Have a WFL2480AU Bosch Front
Most likely to be the brushes in the motor that need to be replaced, check them for wear, and if less than 4 or 5 mm long, replace them.
Posted on Nov 08, 2010
Testimonial: "Great quick response."
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 19, 2016 | Bosch Maxx 6 WAB28260GB White 600 mm...
Mar 26, 2013 | Bosch WFL 2063 Front Load Washer
Jul 08, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Feb 26, 2011 | Bosch Nexxt 100 Series WFMC1001UC Front...
Jan 05, 2011 | Washing Machines
Oct 24, 2010 | Bosch Washing Machines
Dec 05, 2009 | Bosch Classixx WFL 2066 Front Load Washer
Jun 21, 2008 | Bosch Exxcel WFO 2264 Front Load Washer
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!