Dell 924 all in one printer wiil not turn on. just purchased new usb cable thought it would fix it. the black box that the cable plugs into at the back of the printer will not turn on. There is a green light on box that came on when worked. any help is appreciated. thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like a issue with the hardware inside the printer. if possible try the printer on another PC, or try another USB Cable. Sometimes the cable can appear fine but can have small breaks inside it. You can also try your current cable on another persons printer to rule out the cable.
If you can not get the printer working on another persons computer I would suggest replacing it. it is cheaper than getting a tech to fix it.
To connect the printer, connect the printer and computer using a USB cable, download and install the driver, turn on the printer. The system should sense the printer and install it so it can be used. Let me know if this solves the problem. Thanks.
Pitch it. There does not appear to be a firmware update. That would be the only thing that would have a chance of fixing this. Otherwise, the controller board is shot. The cost of repair is more than the printer, buy a new one.
error 1203 means ink overflow i think. Here are some solutions you can try:
use a klennex with a few drops of water to dampen and clean off those contact on the holder. Sometimes ink is smeared on the holder where the contact panel with the catridge.
place your old cartrages back in and see it if works without giving you an error code. If so, return the new ones back to Dell because they are probably defective and Dell will replace them for you.
turn off printer. Remove AC power cord and USB cable from back of printer for 1 minute. Replug and retry. This actually should be your first step.
Hmmm....that sounds to be an issue with the ink cartridges...
You might be using ink cartridges purchased other than Dell or Staples...since these are the two who sell Dell Ink.
If thats not true, then take out both the cartridges in the printer.
Lets isolate the issue
1. Try only Black cartridge on Color slot(right). If you get Install both ink cartridges error, then its an issue with the Black ink cartridges and if you get message that install Black ink cartridge then its an issue with the prrinter.
2. Now install only color cartridge on Black cartridges slot(left), If you get color cartridge missing then its an issue with the Black cartridges which you are using and if you get install both ink cartridges then its an issue with the black slot on printer.
3. If issue found to be with Black ink cartridge then wipe the Nozzles(bottom) of the ink cartridge with lint free cotton cloth from back to front 5-6 times.
4. Also try replacing the ink cartridges purchased only from Dell or from Staples. Purchased from somewhere else or refilled might not work.
5. If issue found to be with printer, then i would suggest you to purchase new printer then.