Question about DeLonghi EC702
We have already let much steam thru the tamper to clear pump from air. The pressure at the tamper is perfect, there is pressure at the boiler outlet but not sufficient to go thru the coffee , without the filter holder hot water does come out.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hot water comes to slow
It sounds like your water line may be clogged. Buy some descaler powder and follow the instructions on the package to clean away calcium deposits from inside your coffee maker's water lines.
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
A) On some coffeemakers the upper limit to the amount of ground coffee you can safely add to the filter is 15 TBSP. Exceed this amount and an overflow may result. In fact, there may be a disclaimer to this effect in the user manual. The solution may entail using less coffee or brewing smaller batches.
B) Try each of the following solutions, one at a time, until you hit on one that works for you:
1) a coarser grind to allow the water to pass through more easily;
2) a smaller amount of coffee in the filter basket;
3) brewing smaller batches;
4) another coffee brand/roast to see if the problem is caused by "blooms" (foaming action) associated with super fresh coffee. (This may be the culprit if you buy locally roasted coffee and grind the beans yourself.);
5) Try a paper filter if you normally use a permanent filter, or a permanent filter if you typically experience the problem while using a paper filter. It is also important to use only the type of filter recommended by the user manual. Do not interchange cupcake and cone filter types;
6) If using a permanent filter ensure that the pores/holes in the filter are not blocked with coffee residues. Clean as necessary with a clean (new) toothbrush and hot, sudsy water;
7) Ensure that the filter basket hinge is secure and "clicked" into place prior to brewing, the filter itself is seated properly, and the Brewing Pause spring is not jammed or bent in such a way that it fails to retract adequately to allow the coffee to flow through;
8) Make certain to push the decanter all the way in. Do not remove from the warming plate for more than 30 seconds if using the Brewing Pause feature.
Posted on Mar 05, 2010
SOURCE: water not pumping
Typically this is caused by the heating/water unit inside the machine drying out. Not being totally familiar with your machine let me offer this suggestion: if you have a "hot water" function that allows you to run hot water out of the machine use it to allow water to get back into the heating unit. Once water flows through without interruption you should be able to brew coffee again. I know this is the case with Jura machines and the problem you described is identical to what happens with those machines when the internal heated water tank runs dry.
Posted on Mar 31, 2010
SOURCE: Hi, We have just bought
Sounds like you need to prime the water pump. Remove the filter holder, open the steam knob and then press the coffee delivery switch. Wait for water to flow consistently from the steamer and then close the steam knob. Water should then be forced to flow through the goup head (coffee head). If you cannot get water to flow from steamer then the pump may have already been damaged or it may have been faulty from the start. If water will flow through steamer but not for the coffee, then the group head is blocked. Good luck hope this helps and remember that all machines should be primed like this before use.
Posted on Dec 15, 2010
SOURCE: I ran the coffe machine
Not too sure sort of same issue on last machine i descaled it and it worked on this one not so lucky so looking for answers too, if you often descale your machine then it wont be this if you havent descaled it for some time, then this could well be your issue, pending on how knowlagable you are, you can take to bits, put CRC or neat descaler into the tubes, there is a little spring clip type of holder you need to take out before removing small tube, use a serynge and squirt some neat descaler into tube and if possible where it came out of, few time before my main issue was at the front water dispenser part, so if you can undo a tube from the furthest point from this then put in descaler attach tube again, put back to gether leave for a little to get through then turn on and try to get hot water out, if so the coffee side will probably work too, but before you have a cup fully descale the machine and rinse through a few times then try a cup
Posted on Jan 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2015 | Saeco VIA Venezia
Feb 05, 2015 | Astoria Argenta SAE-2 Espresso Machine
Mar 02, 2011 | Gaggia Coffe Deluxe Coffee Maker, Espresso...
Apr 04, 2010 | Gaggia Coffe Deluxe Coffee Maker, Espresso...
Jan 23, 2010 | Saeco Vienna De Luxe Espresso Machine
Nov 05, 2009 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Mar 31, 2009 | KitchenAid Artisan
Jan 19, 2008 | Rancilio SILVIAespresso&cappuccino machine
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: