Question about Refrigerators
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: why suction line would ice back
Lots of reasons. You didn't say if it was cooling or cycling off and on.
1. Evaporator fan motor in freezer compartment not running. Doesn't allow the refrigerant to boil off and returns as a liquid.
2. Evaporator coil badly frosted allowing no air flow thru it. Same as #1
3. Runs constantly (days). no demand on system, and once again will not boil off before leaving evaporator.
4. Overcharged. Floods back excess charge.
5. Heat exchanger came apart. The capillary tube is soldered to the suction line to transfer heat from the cap tube to the suction line. Necessary on a refrigerator. Common problem.
Hope this helps
Thanks for using fixYa
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2014 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Jun 14, 2011 | LG Electronic Window Air Conditioner
Aug 11, 2010 | Refrigerators
Jun 19, 2010 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Sep 06, 2009 | Samsung Refrigerators
Jul 09, 2009 | Jenn-Air JCD2389G Side by Side...
Mar 31, 2009 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Feb 16, 2009 | Hotpoint HTS16HBR Top Freezer Refrigerator
Jan 21, 2009 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!