An authorization error usually occurs when more than one system in a
LAN has the same software serial numbers assigned to the system. In
this case, the first PC to be turned on does not suffer an authorization
error, but any subsequent PC's which contain the same serial number
will experience the issue.
To remove these duplicate serial numbers, first unregister them, then delete them from the host
PC they are installed on:
- Access the NConsole application by either:
- Click "Start" > "All Programs" > "NCX-2000-XP" > click on the entry labeled "NCX - 2000 - XP"
- Double-click the NComputing console application icon in the system tray
- In the left-hand pane, navigate to "Local Settings" > "Information and Settings" > "Serial Numbers"
- To unregister a serial number, right-click on the number and select "Unregister now"
- To remove serials, right-click on the number and select "Delete"
Also, an update
that does not install correctly may rarely cause corruption of the data
file in which serial number information is contained, causing this
error. If there are no other X-series hosts on the network with
duplicate serials, then a complete uninstall and reinstall of the
X-series software may fix this issue. When uninstalling, choose to
unregister all serials and remove all serial registration
To download the latest version of our software, please search the knowledge base
using "software download" as the search text, for links to the latest software.(B)
When more than one X300 station
is used under the same login (same Username on two or more stations),
Active Desktop error messages may occur. Also stations would be sharing
same user settings and other files, which could cause unpredictable
Different stations should always be used with different usernames
logged in. To add more User accounts (usernames), go to Windows Control
Panel, select Users and then go to Create New User option.