Question about DeLonghi Microwave Ovens
Cardboard cover inside has burnt and it pops and sparks when used
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: microwave problem
That panel is probably mics, not netla, though it may look like metal. The job of the waveguide cover is to protect the waveguide (opening) and the magnetron from buildup of food particles and grease. When the grease and food particles build up on and behind the cover, they will carbonize and arc - and maybe even flame up! The solution is to clean it and keep it clean - but if it's too dirty or is burned, it must be replaced. Sometimes it's necessary to remove the cover to clean both sides of it, and to clean the edges of the opening it covers. It is sometimes held in place with a small plastic rivet (or screw) and once that is removed, the cover will slide over a little then drop down. Be VERY careful not to get cut on the potentially sharp edges of the opening, and do not spray anything into the opening. Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) and /or gentle scouring powder to a cloth or paper towel and carefully wipe it out, then when it's dry, reinstall the cover and the rivet. I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics.
Posted on Apr 23, 2007
SOURCE: Set up Oster Microwave
No, that is the "waveguide cover".
It provides very important protection for the magnetron.
And always keep it clean according to your manual's instructions.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 18, 2009
It may not be cardboard - it may be a material called mica which is located over where the magnetron is located in the unit. This is a protective cover and if it is what I think it is, do not remove under any circumstances, otherwise you may render the microwave unsafe to use.
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
SOURCE: arcing inside microwave
unless you are familiar with these, leave it alone. Over time small particles of food become carbonized inside the oven, hence the electrical display. the solution is to clean it after every use.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2011 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Jun 08, 2011 | Frigidaire GLMV169 Microwave Oven
Feb 27, 2011 | Maytag Microwave Ovens
Jan 13, 2010 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Mar 20, 2009 | Sanyo EM-A5200SW Microwave Oven
Sep 22, 2008 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Feb 26, 2008 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: