Question about Dyson DC25 All Floors Bagless Upright Vacuum
Cable severed at point of entry on retractor. How do you dismantle the retractor unit to replace cable?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like your cable reel mechanism is broken. Go to <a href="http://www.grosse.is-a-geek.com/diydc05mc.html">this link</a> to see a step-by-step guide for replacing the reel. You will need to order it from a spares provider. Google is your friend. Prices around £23.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
SOURCE: Hi, my puppy ate the
Sorry to hear your DC23's power cord has become damaged. You won't need to replace the entire cleaner - please get in touch with us free on 08002980298 (UK), or 1866MYDYSON (US), so we can assist you.
Dyson Customer Service
Posted on Jun 23, 2011
SOURCE: Dyson dc11 replacing motor
DYSON DC-11 MOTOR REPLACEMENT
1. Remove dirt cylinders as normal
2. Using large flat screwdriver, remove airway splitter and hose
3. Undo 6 Torx screws from top and one at the back under tool holder
(Note that 2 front screws are shorter)
4. Make sure the screws are completely withdrawn
5. From the back, withdraw tool holder section
6. Unhook and withdraw hose holder section
7. Place large flat screwdriver behind the wheels and forcefully snap them off
8. Remove 2 more screws under each wheel
9. Cover now lifts off
10. Motor pod is now visible. Remove its 4 screws and lift its lid
11. Motor can now be lifted out. Disconnect its 2 wires
12. Remove the rubber base and transfer to the new motor
13. Connect wires, Red to Brown (Live) and Black to Blue (Neutral)
14. Make sure motor is correctly fits on its alignment studs in the pod and replace its cover and 4 screws
15. Replace top cover of machine, and the 4 screws under the wheels, but no other screws yet
16. Turn machine on its side and hammer each wheel back on - take care that no fingers are under wheels while doing this
17. Stretch and snap hose holder back into position
18. Slide tool holder forward into position
19. Replace the 6 screws into top section, and one into tool holder section
20. Replace filters, airway splitter and dirt cylinders, and the job is complete :D
Posted on Oct 21, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2016 | Simplicity Vacuums
Feb 27, 2015 | Dyson Vacuums
May 19, 2014 | Dyson Vacuums
May 13, 2014 | Dyson DC26 Bagless Canister Cyclonic...
Feb 10, 2014 | Vacuums
Apr 05, 2010 | Vacuums
Sep 05, 2009 | Dyson DC07 Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
Apr 11, 2009 | Hoover S3755 WindTunnel Bagless Canister...
Jan 14, 2009 | Dyson DC05 Cylinder Bagless Canister...
Jun 26, 2016 | Dyson DC25 All Floors Bagless Upright...
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: