Question about Amplifiers & Preamps
Lights in control window are dim, reomte will not function batteries were changed donot know if it is the amp or remote
My kenwood krf-v5030d only works on direct sound
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
Have taken the advice of the Daily Telegraphs 'digital doctor' ......when all else fails THUMP IT! It worked!!
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Sounds like a low voltage to the front panel as the indicators are there such as control window illumination is dim and the remote does not function.
The remote sends an invisible signal to a detector just behind the front panel and if the signal from the remote is nice and strong from your new batteries in the remote then it must be the panel electronics.
I have found that if you clean the output panel of the remote with a damp cloth and the same to the front panel glass you may be lucky. Just Damp please not dripping in water!!!!!
If ypu keep the amplifier system very clean then this wont be the problem...But this action has worked on TV's with remotes...
If this doesnt work then a service is due....sorry....no quick fix..
Cheers YOU BEUT
Posted on Nov 03, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2015 | Kenwood Amplifiers & Preamps
Feb 02, 2015 | Kenwood Sc-75 Av Surround Processor...
Generally speaking, an amp protects itself from heat, shorts, overloads and operator exuberance by refusing to turn on or stay on.
Overloads can be from excessive periods of high output or marginally low impedance loading by the speakers; and shorts would be wiring issues or a speaker blowing up.
You should be able to feel if it's hot. WHY is it overheating? Make sure it has sufficient ventilation on all sides and that vent holes are not blocked by dust balls. Ensure the fan (if equipped) is running as designed (some only operate on demand). Clean dust and debris from it.
If the amp comes back on after cooling, you're lucky. They only have so many self-protection cycles in their lives so continuously resetting or cycling their power without addressing the cause can do more harm than good.
If it protects immediately on a cool power up you should disconnect the speaker connections and try it 'naked'. If it comes up then diagnose which lead(s) are shorted. If it does not come up the problem is internal and should be left to an experienced and competent hands-on tech.
Mar 11, 2011 | Amplifiers & Preamps
Aug 29, 2010 | Amplifiers & Preamps
Jul 16, 2010 | Yamaha Amplifiers & Preamps
Dec 02, 2008 | Amplifiers & Preamps
Nov 15, 2008 | JVC RX-E100 5-Channel Amplifier
Jan 12, 2008 | Amplifiers & Preamps
662 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!