Please help...internet won't connect
You may be running into a problem of your ISP only allowing one computer on the internet. while the internet is on can you access the internet from the desktop comcast originally setup? If so that is more then likely your problem.
I have comcast myself and they told me they do not allow home networks. I fixed that problem by using the mac address cloning feature in my router.
The setup cd is also junk, all you should really need to do is:
1. unplug modem, router, and turn off computers
2. Plug modem into router
3. Plug computers into router (don't worry about wireless right now)
4. Turn on modem, wait 20 seconds or so for lights to set,
5. Turn on router. again wait for lights to set
6. Turn on ONE computer that is hard wired into the router
7 Try to surf the net.
8. If successfull try to connect wireless computers (Without using cd) and see if they surf.
If not call comcast and see if your computers are trying to obtain real-world ip's instead of LAN ip's like they should.
If so, you'll need to enable DHCP on the router.
Jul 18, 2008 |
Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)