Question about DeLonghi Microwave Ovens

Open Question

The mica inside my delonghi microwave has a burnt hole in it and its sparking and arching in centre

Posted by on

Ad

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
Falling Down
  • 67 Answers

SOURCE: Hole in plastic on inside of door

check the conductivity of the plastic with an ohmmeter by placing the probes an inch apart on the plastic surface. If the resistance is large or infinity, the plastic probably performs no role in stopping the microwave radiation. If so, any epoxy probably can be used to close the hole safely. Make sure you don't use too much and if possible place tape over the repair and orient the microwave so the epoxy presses against the tape while drying to prevent it from oozing into any door hinge/close mechanism. Otherwise, a piece of microwave door glass from a broken unit can ge glued over the hole and should stop the radiation. You can check for leakage with test units but be very carefuly anyway.

Posted on Nov 30, 2007

Ad
Richie_asg1
  • 1036 Answers

SOURCE: sparking inside. Little mica cover

Hi there.

Unfortunately this is how most microwaves die. The Magnatron that generates the microwaves (behind the cover) overheats and charrs the insulation between the high voltage contacts.

You would be best to obtain a new unit or have it repaired,

Spares are usually available, but sometimes it is not economically feasable.

Hope this helps.

Posted on Jun 14, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: arching microwave oven

The area that has arced needs to be cleaned thoroughly, and if the paint is affected, it will need to be sanded smooth and cleaned with alcohol.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

If the rack support is charred or melted, it will need to be replaced. It's best to replace them as a set.

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Sep 06, 2008

  • 958 Answers

SOURCE: arching inside microwave

un plug it right away.

there are carbon deposit near the wave cover. the arching is coming from the magnetron to any exposed metal inside the unit or any carbon deposit since carbon is already conductive, it is sensing it as a metal.

remove and clean the interior of the microwave. polished and paint all exposed metal that you will find in the interior.

then test again the unit.

tnx 4 using fixya,

drcool

Posted on Sep 30, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: we have a ge microwave. Sparks came out of

Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the mica waveguide cover.

The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.

Sometimes it is the ceiling of the oven.

Your owner's manual may address this. You can download GE owner's manuals and installation instructions here.

It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!

The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.

If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart or Lowe's.

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.AC

Posted on Oct 11, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Massive sparking and noisy when switched on to heat


Hi,
There are 2 things that cause the massive sparking:
1. you placed inside the microwave oven a metal plate or one with silvery or golden drawings;
2. the mica sheet that covers the magnetron window is compromised (has holes, it is cracked) or it is covered with burnt (carbonised) food.
You have to carefully inspect the mica sheet and wash or replace it, if necessary. Hope that helps.
Regards,
Dan

Oct 10, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Hole burned in panel inside next to ligt


take it in for repairs or just replace it

Apr 26, 2015 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp carousel microwave


Sometimes, bits of food get behind the microwave generator mica cover and cause this EXACT problem they short out the microwave energy and spark. . It is NOT broken but DONT let this happen for more than a few seconds. !!!! You will see the Mica (looks like plastic) cover from inside the oven and will be on one of the sides.It looks oblong normally, It is actually transparent to Microwaves and is how they get from the generator in to the oven. Give it a real good clean around the edges or better still take it out to clean. and it should be fine

Aug 25, 2014 | Sharp Carousel R530EST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I get an occasional spark when microwave is in use


Presuming that you have iliminated the possibility of any metal objects that are not meant to be in the machine being in there (and this includes dishes and other items with silver or gold leaf on them, which WILL spark and burn!) then take a look inside the oven its self. You will find a waveguide cover. It is usually a strange flakey silvery plastic/card like material called Mica and is usually on the same side of the microwave wall as the control panel (So if the picture on this thread is accurate, I will guess the Mica cover is on the right hand wall inside as you look at the machine from the front) . Over time, the magnatron (the thing that creates the microwave energy) will often burn a hole through the mika, or cause a dark brown or black burn mark in it. If this cover is even slightly damaged then it may well cause sparking inside the machine. These covers are designed to be removed and you can buy replacements for them from electrical stores.

Aug 12, 2011 | GE Advantium SCA1001HSS Convection...

1 Answer

I need a new door for Delonghi Combi micro/grill model no. DMX30


You should be able to find help at the DeLonghi customer service site.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Mar 04, 2009 | DeLonghi Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Sparking roof of my miele M613G microwave


these ovens are favourite for this, it is something to do with the stirrer blades. the top casing can be removed and replaced

Feb 23, 2009 | Miele M613GSS 800 Watts Convection /...

1 Answer

Mica -sparking and on fire


If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

You can order spares here.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 08, 2008 | DeLonghi MW 535 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparking inside. Little mica cover got a hole


Hi there.

Unfortunately this is how most microwaves die. The Magnatron that generates the microwaves (behind the cover) overheats and charrs the insulation between the high voltage contacts.

You would be best to obtain a new unit or have it repaired,

Spares are usually available, but sometimes it is not economically feasable.

Hope this helps.

Jun 14, 2008 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Burnt ceiling


Well microwave probably was too close to the ceiling and it wasn't getting enough air through and it got hot then bam you have a hole in your ceiling... if your microwave is completely ruined then don't bother with it just get a new one but if it works try moving it farther away from the ceiling.. good luck =]]

Feb 03, 2008 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

18 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top DeLonghi Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Steve Mason

Level 2 Expert

305 Answers

Are you a DeLonghi Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...