Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Just reset the TV found out how here: http://www.danielcoburn.com/uncategorized/westinghouse-1080p-42-lcd-tv-hdmi-stopped-working-fix/
Hold the power button for 10 seconds.
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
SOURCE: only one of 3 hdmi ports work
If all 3 are side by side or even on same board I would suspect physical damage is the problem first--those HDMI sockets are not very sturdy and considering the way they are solder in not usually replaced by themselves.
We in our shop are not lazy but will usually just replace the board they are connected to if suspect the problem is not elsewhere in the set.
Lets face it--those were never meant for hard use-like plugging and unplugging a lot not to mention the poor quality of parts used in many cases.
Google the model with "parts" or visit the LG site---I have seen brand new out of the box sets with bad ones--the average person is much stronger than those sockets are. Makers of lap top computers learned this lesson early on and went to better made USB sockets for this precise reason.
Posted on May 02, 2012
Testimonial: "Yeah just as I thought, cheers, I seem to can locate a part for every tv model but mine but! Might just see if its a cheap fix or maybe its time to upgrade"
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video
It can be difficult to get things right on the first try. With that truism in mind, Vizio Incorporated includes USB ports on their televisions that you can use to load firmware updates onto the television. Vizio has released firmware updates only for certain television models, and the instructions for installing firmware updates vary slightly by model. To upgrade your television's firmware, you need to download and copy firmware drivers to a USB flash drive and then read and follow Vizio's specific installation instructions for your model.
1. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer
2. Click the "Start" button, and click the "My Computer" icon.
3. Right-click the flash drive, and click "Format" in the menu
4. Select "FAT32" in the drop-down menu, and click the "OK" button. Windows will format your USB flash drive with the FAT32 file system.
5. Open your Web browser, and navigate to the Vizio support Web site at www.vizio.com/support.
6. Click the "Select Your Product" drop-down menu, and select your model of Vizio television from the list. A new page will open that displays available downloads for your television
7. Click the "Firmware Update" link, and save the firmware update file to your computer.
8. Click the "Firmware Instructions" link, and read the instructions specific to your Vizio television model.
9. Right-click the file that you downloaded, click "Rename," and then rename the file to the exact name that is specified in the firmware instructions 10. Right-click the file, and click "Send to" > "E: USB Drive" or whichever drive letter corresponds to your flash drive. The firmware update file is copied to your USB drive 11. Right-click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the right side of the Windows task bar, and eject the device from your computer
12. Disconnect the USB drive, and plug it in to your Vizio TV's USB port.
13. Follow the steps in the firmware instructions to install the firmware update to your television.
Only you can find is the problem with firmware by udating the frimware of your tv. ok
Aug 05, 2011 | Vizio E420VL 42 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
Apr 17, 2011 | Vizio Televison & Video
Mar 18, 2011 | Vizio 42 in. LCD TV
Nov 28, 2010 | Vizio VL420M 42 in. HDTV
Mar 04, 2010 | Vizio VL420M 42 in. HDTV
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: