- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try to disconnect the feeder form the main unit and if still there is check document error then brother it is related to firmware(software)as i have encountered such in 3 machine before also but they were without feeder.
so first disconnect the feeder connector from main unit .
There are a number of things that can cause this problem, below are a few things you can try.
1. Remove the process unit out as if you were going to remove a jam. There is a green piece of plastic used to clean the main charge unit. Slide it to the left then back to the right. Make sure it is seated all the way to the right in it's home position or it can cause black lines.
2. If you have a document feeder on the copier is the line only when using the document feeder?
- Determine if it is by making a copy from the glass.
- If it is only when making a copy from the document feeder then clean the small **** glass just to the left of the large glass. This glass is used only when making a copy from the document feeder.
3. If you wipe your hand across the copy and the toner wipes off then fixing unit should be replaced.
6A00 means the purge assembly is jammed. That's the unit that cleans the printhead. Sometimes it will last a while when cleaned, but I just replace them.
QM2-3032-000 about $20.00 but much easier at a shop.
If u put stack of papers on the feeder, but it didnt pick well or paper jam occur, u need to check the feeder unit. Normally roller is wear and tear, foreign materials inside the feeder and etc will cause paper jam on feeder.
The 6A00 is a Canon generic code for paper path jam.
Solution 1: Move the printhead carriage back and forth a few times.
Solution 2: Check the purge unit: Moving the print head assembly will not clear a purge unit if its jammed with paper, paper clips, push pins, screws, cookie crisp, flower bud pods or the like.
Solution 3: Press the ink pads down in the purge unit. Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Sandra, on the feed swich which way is the arrow pointing to the front feeder? or to the back feeder? Get a bright flashlight and inspect the back very carefuly. I had the same problem and found a label off of a shirt inside, don't ask me how it got there I havent a clue. But it did fix the problem. You can also try turning it on and off a few times.
If the arrow is pointing to the front paper feeder then the jam is in the front, if it is pointing to the rear that is where there is a problem. Hope this will help. Leo
One way to unjam that would be to take a stiffer plastic or manila folder and insert it slowly into the document feeder and the slowly push it through the feeder until you dislodge the jammed document out of the bottom of the feeder. That is a common practice in removing jams in the feeder.
please check gear train and confirm no broken one-check of selonid not working in a right way and no foreign object droped inside(like pins).-check of smoth actuation of paper present detector.(in place and movement when you put papers