Question about Refrigerators
Posted by Anonymous on
GE Profile bottom freezer erratic.
GE Profile Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator with Electronic controls with digital temperature readout (Should include Models PDS20MFS, PDS20SFS, PDS22MFS, PDS22SFS, PDS22MFS) May also apply to other models.
Diagnosis: Search of Internet yielded no definitive fix. It appeared to me that the some minor frost buildup might be symptomatic of unseen frost elsewhere. The electronic controls could possibly be messed up.
Fix: Not knowing whether it was frost or the electronic controls (or both), did the following:
1. Turned off the refrigerator. (It is not clear how to do that. Download the owner's manual for your model from the Internet. If it is like mine, the freezer and refrigerator APPEAR to have separate controls. In fact they are linked. To turn both freezer and refrigerator off, press the WARMER button on EITHER the refrigerator OR freezer until the display shows OFF for both the freezer and refrigerator.)
2. Unplugged the unit. Let it set for 18 hours with both doors open.
3. Plugged it in (which may have reset the electronic controls.)
4. Turned it on. To do so, I followed the instructions that said to press the COLDER button on either the refrigerator or freezer. Press the same COLDER button a second time and it should go to the factory presets of 0 degrees for the freezer and 37 degrees for the refrigerator.
5. Allowed the temperatures to stabilize for a week, after which temperature adjustments can be made.
Posted on Jun 25, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Either the start relay and start capacitor or the Adaptive Defrost control is burned out. If you have a voltage meter we can test a few things like the compressor and the capasitor. The part number for the Adaptive defrost is 241508001 and found inside the fresh food compartment behind the control panel. I can help you locate the problem if you like. Let me know, Thanks, Sea Breeze
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2015 | Electrolux EI28BS56IS (278 cu ft) Bottom...
Feb 03, 2015 | GE Refrigerators
Jan 01, 2010 | Whirlpool ES5FHAXS Side by Side...
Nov 21, 2009 | GE Profile PFSF5NFW Bottom Freezer French...
Nov 17, 2009 | Refrigerators
Nov 15, 2009 | GE Profile PFS22MBS Bottom Freezer French...
Aug 29, 2009 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
May 10, 2009 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 04, 2008 | GE GBS22HCR Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Oct 19, 2017 | Hotpoint Refrigerators
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!