Question about Samsung SMH9187ST Microwave Oven

Open Question

Turn on sparking and arking

Already replaced the magnetron

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have sparkin and arching in the magetron cavity


remove cover inside microwave oven and clean the cover and the metal around it if it still arks replace the megnatron

Dec 06, 2013 | Maytag UMC5200BA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Turn microwave for 3sec after it start arking noise


Take warm soapy water and clean until spotless, food partical build up will cause arcing, if no change! the microwave hood is a another trouble spot, if any bare metal is showing it will arc and need to be replaced, if everything checks out the magnetron is bad and will eventually fail.

Mar 20, 2012 | Samsung SMH7178STD Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GH7208 no fan while cooking


If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely

Dec 06, 2011 | Whirlpool GH7208XR Convection / Microwave...

1 Answer

Mv1310BWhat's your problem?


If there is spark or burning please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. If this was stored , it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely

Nov 05, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

WE HAVE A KUPPERBUSCH MICROWAVE WHICH HAS STARTED TO SPARK WITH A STRONG SMELL OF ELECTRICS BURNING INSIDE IT WHEN TURNED ON. WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO LOOK AT IT. WE LIVE IN CO. ARMAGH, NORTHERN IRELAND AND...


If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
Somtimes the wave guides with food particles can burn and smoke if so replace the wave guide.

http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html

Also remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now keeping clear switch on , use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues , you can use the microwave safely

Jul 27, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The magnetron end of my microwave oven is damaged


The magnetron probe - antenna covering might have got damaged.Due to the presence of low quantity of food, the back power to the magnetron has led to the spark,there will be a light damage and it wont affect the working of the oven any time in the near future as long as this mistake is not repeated.If the oven is under warranty period its better to get the magnetron replaced:) if not, this is not a major concern.

Jan 25, 2010 | GE JVM1870 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Smelled like something was burning and stopped heating. Turntable and lights work


March 2012 - GE does not support customers mad.gif

I have GE microwave with a failed Magnetron. It is emitting large sparks. Upon removing the magnetron I found that the sparks left residue where they are leaking from the cylindrical shaped piece on the end of the Magnetron.

The Magnetron is under warranty.

BUT

GE WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY AND SEND A MAGNETRON.
GE HAS SENT OUT HUNDREDS OF MAGNETRONS TO CUSTOMERS - SEARCH ONLINE TO SEE THIS IS TRUE.

I called GE PARTS, GE support and GE consumer relations department. They changed their policy two weeks ago and require a service technician to replace the part.

THE COST IS $220 FOR THE REPAIR TECHNICIAN.

Since I already removed the part the service technician would have to put in 3 screws and plug in the cable...FOR $220...I PAID $229 FOR THE MICROWAVE NEW!!!!

DO NOT BUY GE.
DO NOT BUY GENERAL ELECTRIC.

GE DOES NOT SUPPORT IT'S WARRANTIES UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY THE SAME AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT!!


Further research:

GE Microwaves can spontaneously turn on and start a fire - see Consumer Reports web page here:
http://www.consumerreports.org/content/cro/en/consumer-reports-magazine-march-2012/kitchen-fire-safety.html

Further evidence GE retroactively changing their warranties:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/ge-california-c197693.html

Nov 30, 2009 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparks, noise and burning smell


If it is burning and arcing at the antenna, it is probably arcing in the wave guide area. Probably will have to replace unit. I have had some success by removing the antenna, sanding and repainting the burnt areas of the cavity and sanding off any burnt marks on the antenna. Need to look at top of mag to see if also arcing there too.

Jun 16, 2017 | Panasonic NN-2555A Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave not heating when turned on


Well were do I start, the spark check to see if it is arking on the side panel inside, there should be a plastic cover and around it if it is black then the arking is there (this can be fix with touch up paint), meanwhile, the no heat would be cause by the bad magnetron, cap or power supply if it has one.
To see were you or going you will need to understand this is not safe, dangerous to tamper with unit,
Open the cover, at the big transformer, there will be a primery and secondary.
At the primery were two wires goes to the front were all the other wires or check to see if the voltage is present 120vac pulsing on and off when turning on the microwave, do not measure the secondery the voltage will be very high about 2k
If the voltage is present hit the big silver steal cassing at the top with a insulated tool, knowed as the magnetron to see if it will start , you will hear a mmmmm don't touch it, see if heat start inside, never leave the unit emty, put a cup of water. If it doesn't heat but the voltage is present replace the magnetron, it may also be the cap next to it,
If it has a power board after the transformer, then this would also be the problem, but I don't think you have one.

I hope this help

What About Bob

Feb 09, 2008 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparking / Popping Microwave


GE had a rash of "underperforming" magnetrons on these units. They replace the magnetron, stirrer and high-voltage diode at no charge for parts as long as a GE-authorized service center does the work. Sometimes the unit gets run too long in a failing state and the waveguide and chassis of the oven get damaged. To see if yours is covered, see this bulletin: http://www.microwavedisplay.com/ge_mw_mag_kit_bulletin.pdf Otherwise, you need to contact GE Customer Relations at 1-800-386-1215 as soon as possible and tell them your problem and they will put you in touhc with a local authorized servicer.

Apr 01, 2007 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Samsung SMH9187ST Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

18 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9086 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Henry  Thomas
Henry Thomas

Level 3 Expert

1074 Answers

Are you a Samsung Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...