Question about HP Compaq 6715b Notebook PC
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Ok, as long as the high security level has not been set in the bios then the following will work to reset / disable the bios password.
1. Remove the battery and mains adapter.
2. Remove the memory cover on the back of the laptop and remove the 2 keyboard screws.
3. Open the laptop and at the top of the keyboard you will see 4 sliding tabs. They are located between the 'Esc & F1 keys' 'F4 & F5 keys' 'F8 & F9 keys' and 'F12 & delete keys'. Slide these down and lift the keyboard up and pull forward slightly so as to disengauge the bottom lugs. Be carefull as there is a ribbon cable at the bottom that does not need to be tugged or removed.
4. You will now see at the bottom behind the keyboard a small battery connected to the motherboard. Gently pull the small white plug upwards untill it is removed from the board.
5. Wait 5 minutes and re-connect the small battery plug.
6. Re-install the keyboard and push back the clips. You do not need to replace the screws yet.
7. Apply the DC jack and power on - DO NOT INSTALL THE MAIN BATTERY.
8. Turn the laptop on while pressing f10 repeatedly but slowly - Do not hold it.
9. If high security is disabled you should now be in the setup screen, select 'Restore Defaults' and press F10 to save.
10. The password is now removed.
If this does not work then HP say that there is no other way to reset it. Im not sure about that, there probably is by some method of de-soldering the bios chip. However the above method worked for me so I hope it does for you. Please rate if you have any luck.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
SOURCE: I Forget the BIOS setup password
When you start your computer, tap F2 key to enter the BIOS setup. In the security menu is the area for removing/resetting BIOS password.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
how can i reset CMOS/BIOS password for HP compaq tc4400 laptop i have hp 500 notebook and i forget cmos/bios password . i remove cmos battery . but dont solve it . how can i solve it
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2012 | HP Compaq Presario CQ57-229WM Notebook PC
Jun 12, 2011 | HP Compaq 6730s Notebook
May 24, 2011 | HP Compaq nx9600 Notebook
May 10, 2011 | HP Compaq Evo n115 (470032339) PC Notebook
Jun 30, 2010 | HP Compaq nx9010
Oct 30, 2009 | HP Compaq 6715b Notebook
May 04, 2009 | HP OmniBook 500 Notebook
Sep 12, 2008 | Compaq tc4400 Tablet PC
Jul 24, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
1,252 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: