Question about Computers & Internet
What is the password to belkin.982.guests?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
avast virus disable it then try it you get the other wise reset the router and re-configure it after reset you get the all configuration in default setting then you easly get it but anti virus disable then work after then you can enable
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
SOURCE: router configuration password
you can access your router with folowing link
type suername as "admin" and password is "admin" or blank or "password"
thern you can enter in router configuration then go to wi fi if you set encryption security there then check it is your wi fi security poasword.
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
The Belkin Router does not come with a factory set password or username. I phoned Belkins's 800 number today and found it out. They told me to reset the router by using a paper clip and holding down the button for ten seconds or so.
You can try password - Admin ( usually works on old models ). Make sure to keep User name Blank.
Hope i helped.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
This is not a difficult task, but if it is done incorrectly, your router will need to be reset. So, let's go ahead and get a long, thin pin, or sewing needle,or something that will reach into the recessed reset button hole, because we may need it a few times.
I too have a belkin wireless router, so I know a little about them. However, I dont know your exact model or firmware/software programming, so a true "step by step" is not possible from me. Contact Belkin for operator assistance. Here are some General things you will need to do.
1. Reset the router. Go ahead and do that now. that way, we have a clean slate. Press the reset button and allow the router to restart.
2. Make sure the Modem is connected to the INTERNET port on the router. You should see 5 ports on the router, 1 2 3 4 are ONLY FOR COMPUTERS. if it has a number do not put anything on it unless its a computer, or xbox or playstation game console. The MODEM, the DSL, or w/e will NEVER go to ports 1 2 3 or 4. Now, make sure that your MAIN computer is HARD WIRED to PORT 1 on the router. You DO NOT EVER make wireless router adjustments over a wireless connection. You must hard wire to the router.
3. LOG IN to the router. The router has a built in website that allows you to operate it. on a belkin router, that website is located at the Default Gateway address. (ok, you probably dont know what that means, but thats ok, we can still do this). MOST belkins have a default gateway address of 192.168.2.1. So, you will open your internet explorer and go to the ADDRESS BAR. There, you will type http://192.168.2.1 and press GO. You SHOULD see a page that says Belkin.
4. BY DEFAULT there is no username or password. so if you are asked to login, leave them blank and hit submit.
5. this is where it can get hairy, but, its nothing the reset button cannot fix. You will be looking for a few things First thing to do is click login, of course, so you can log in. remember, its default, so its blank.
6. Now that youre logged in, look for WIRELESS and click there. If you are using wireless machines, make sure wireless is ENABLED. It should be, by default, but, lets take a look and make sure, just to be safe.
7. Next, were gonna set the SSID to your last name, (or your dogs name or your nickname or favorite place). The SSID is default to Belkin, but if 10 ppl around you ALL have belkin routers, you'd have no way of knowing which one is yours, So, the SSID boradcasts a unique name to identify YOUR network. Changing the word Belkin to "Scoobydoo" would mean that you would be the Scoobydoo network, and anytime anyone is in range of your router, they would see "scoobydoo" as a site. You also want to ENABLE Essid broadcast, and unless you have an older wireless B card, set to Wireless G only. (g is more secure). Everything else, leave at the current setting.
8. Now we are going to SECURE your wireless so that when people see "scoobydoo" they wont be able to JOIN it, unless they have your KEY. Click Security. We are going to create a key. With Wireless G you can use a 26 character key, which is a set of HEXIDECIMAL characters. HEX is 0-9 and A-F. No letter higher than F will occur in Hex. So, click WEP (wpa is usually more secure, but I prefer WEP). Choose WEP and Choose 128 bit encryption. Next, use a passphrase, (this will generate a key for you). Say you put "shaggy" as the passphrase. Based on that word, a 26 character key would be generated. Now, This is important, WRITE THAT KEY DOWN EXACTLY AS ITS SHOWN. Without that key, no one can access your router on wireless. Also, dont forget to press "Apply Changes". Once you apply those changes, all your wireless connections will be lost. You will now have to go to each wireless computer, and apply the key to each one so they can access the router.
Posted on Jul 21, 2009
from the control panel update firmware to latest http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/526/kw/n150/r_id/166
There ware a bug similar to this in the previous firmware version. Let me know if it works. Cheers...
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2017 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Apr 26, 2016 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2015 | Belkin Wireless Dual-Band N450 Router
Jan 27, 2015 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Mar 29, 2014 | Televison & Video
May 19, 2012 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Jan 23, 2011 | Belkin Wireless Surf Router (F7D2301)
Oct 03, 2009 | Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!