Question about Cell Phones
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i have a metropcs huawei
The below mentioned Points should be Considered to Fix this :-
1. The First thing, i have Found with most of the Handsets is that they are LOCKED. Make sure that the cell phone you are using should be Unlocked. In case, it is Locked, Contact the Original Service Provider and get the Code to Unlock or you could Search Different Sites who claim to Offer that ( Note - I never used any Site and i am not aware whether it would be Hit or Miss ).
2. Make sure that there could be a Signal Problem. There are Cases, when you Cell Phone could Read ' Emergency Only ', if there is No / Less Network in that Area. Try to Use it away from that Place. If that is the same problem, then you need to troubleshoot the Cellphone.
3. Have you tried Setting it for Manual Network. In Most of the networks, Automatic Network Search is Set as Default. Change it to manual and Search that. Usually this would work on most cases.
4. Network catching Capability also Depends on the Handset. No two Handsets could have the Same Capability. You could try to Use ' Network Boosters ' which is available with most of the Online Vendors or Local Shops.That could really help the cellphone to Catch Network.
5. If it still shows Message like ' Emergency Calls ', then it could be a Defective Antenna. Take another Set ( Same Model ) and Compare, is that an issue with Both Sets or Your Set. If that is Only with your Handset, you need to send the Cell for repair.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Feb 13, 2011
Flash or Flashing--Technically, flashing refers to the overwriting or
re-writing of the phone's firmware. There are many phones which can be
flashed to cricket with all features working. On most CDMA phones,
programming the phone can be done "over the air" by dialing a special
code, usually *228 or some variation. Colloquially speaking, flashing
can also loosely mean making a phone from one carrier work on another
carrier. The easy way to tell the difference is that if your phone does
NOT take a SIM card, then it is probably CDMA.
To flash a phone to cricket you will be overwriting th phones firmware. The firmware is software in the phone that doesn't change when you turn it off, and it cannot be deleted unless it is overwritten, hence flashed. It requires specific files called prl files.PRL or PRL File--Short for Preferred Roaming List--A small text file containing instructions for how a phone connects to a specific network's radio towers It is usually loaded by connecting the phone to a computer to overwrite its data. There are a few tools used such as a pst PST--Short for Phone Service Tool or Tools--Special software used by phone manufacturers to program their phones. And also a monster file - -"Monster File"/"Monster Pack", ROM, or "Kitchen"--System software that is needed to flash a phone.
In almost all case you will need to access the phones service programming menu- - -Service Programming Menu--A special menu typically hidden from the primary User Interface that allows for "deep programming" of a phone.You will also need access to msl and spc codes specific to the device you are flashing.MSL/SPC--Special six-digit codes needed to access service programming features on the phone. Access to the service programming menu can be disabled in a phone's firmware.
Depending on your phone, it may require extra steps to unlock or get WAP and MMS working. That is why you need the msl/spc codes to allow deep programming to unlock these features. Not all phones will be capable to access wap or send and receive mms.
Ringtones generally have to be prepaid using a flex bucket. It is best to download ringtones before you flash your phone to cricket since they have a limited selection of ringtones and wallpapers.There are cases were flashed phones will not be able to download ringtones directly from cricket.
The details outlined above will not only work with cricket but you can also flash phones to metro pcs using the information provided above. It is best to do all your research before purchasing your phone to ensure that the cell phone you are interested in can be flashed to cricket or metro PCs
Posted on Feb 21, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2014 | Huawei Vitria for MetroPCS Cell Phone
Dec 14, 2013 | Huawei Pinnacle Metropcs Phone
Oct 27, 2013 | Huawei Pinnacle Metropcs Phone
Sep 03, 2012 | Huawei MetroPCS M735
Apr 23, 2008 | Ericsson Cell Phones
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!