Question about Canon Wireless Inkjet Photo 3-in-1
MY printer MP198 flash E5 error - unable to recognise printer cartridge. Anybody can help me enter the service mode? I did the steps recommended ie press both power and stop, release stop, press stop twice. It did not flash '0' as expected, instead the LED was just blank. Using the service tool downloaded and proceeded as taught, at the end after restarting the printer the error 5 persists. Please help.
We use these at the hospital by the hundreds and they are a real pain resetting. Make sure you are downloading the instructions specifically for your model. Keep trying it will work, takes many times to work through this. These models are a real pain. Good Luck!
Posted on Jan 31, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
try this methode
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting formenu selection)
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset
5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting
6 times Green Print head deep cleaning
11 times Orange Button / LCD checking
12 or more times Returns to a menu selection
maybe it can fix your problem
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
Yo tambien tengo una canon pixma mp160 y me da el mismo error por culpa de los cartuchos. La solucion simple y llanamente pasaría por comprar cartuchos nuevos originales, pero a veces te sigue dando el mismo problema incluso con ellos. Asi pues, lo que yo recomendaría es no comprar esta impresora.
Ah! se me olvidaba, que piden que escriba en ingles, porque dicen que "esto es america", no amigos, esto no es america, esto es internet. El mundo globalizado, irse acostumbrando a usar mas de un idioma.
Posted on Feb 20, 2009
most probably has been damaged.
ink cartrigde is damaged due to followin causes--
1. over heating of head due to bulk printing
2. mishandling the cartridge.
3. repeated refillings
try this if you want to use this cartrigde again, it may work
1. clean the golden contact points with isopropyl alcohol of cartrigde as well as the cartridge holder
2. remove cartrigde and install again after some days
possibility of fault in printer is minimal,
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
This error means waste ink counter is full.
1. Start with printer OFF
2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3. Release RESUME
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. let green light blink until printhead has finished moving.
6. Press resume
Posted on Jan 25, 2010
Problem for Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet
The waste ink is in the inside of your printer you need to get at it to clean out,
It may be all screwed down so you need to open all up or get a shop to do it for you.
It not an easy job but maybe you are handy with a screwdriver, it can be messy job.
But after this, you will have to reset the waist ink counter or it will still not work,
But but but but you can always try this to reset it first and clean it out again some time.
Canon Reset waste ink counter
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 01, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Jan 25, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 20, 2010 | Epson Printer
Feb 25, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 21, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 14, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: