Question about Maxtor Computers & Internet
I cannot get to my backup files
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Find your MAXTOR model and you can download guides (basically, the manual and it will show you step by step instructions).
Posted on Nov 12, 2007
You might not be able to see the hidden files... If this is the case you can enable XP in order to view them as follows.....
Windows XP and Windows 2003
To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
Message 23 of 61
Viewed 3,676 times
My Maxtor 3200 died also. I took the following steps to get it running again.
(1) Remove plastic box from around unit. Carefully stick a screwdrive in the case division and pry it apart. It is not easy, but do will finally come apart.
(2) inside you will find a perforated metal box. There are two screw on each side of the box. Remove and separate the two halves.
(3) there you will discover that inside is just an ordinary Maxtor hard drive like you would buy in the electronics store. Attached to the HD is a PC board. There are 3 screws holding the PC board down. Remove the screws and carefully remove the HD and PC board.
(4) unplug the powere plug and the IDE interface from the HD. Now you have a HD that you can install in your own case (as long as you have a desktop unit and not a laptop).
(5) I installed the HD in an empty slot, connected the IDE cable that was already there (between the CD and IDE interface), plugged in the power plug, fired 'er up, and voila, works like a champ.
I suspect that the problem is in the interface (PC board), since the only thing I did was remove that from the equation. Hope this helps
09-09-2008 09:36 AM
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2011 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
Jun 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 17, 2010 | Maxtor 160GB OneTouch III Mini USB 2.0...
Sep 22, 2009 | Maxtor Computers & Internet
May 22, 2009 | Maxtor One Touch III 500GB FireWire/USB2.0...
Jan 08, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch III 500 GB Hard Drive
Oct 26, 2008 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Apr 15, 2017 | Maxtor OneTouch A01B080 80 GB Hard Drive
Sep 16, 2008 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Mar 01, 2017 | Maxtor Computers & Internet
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: