Question about Transcend (589307) Media
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
this is not a password protection device and hence u cannot.
in case u want to add a software. this is possible by doing a local/freeware software. but no guranteee.
driver for 98 are not available by manufactueres, but u can find it freely on net . try url http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php.
bye and thanks,
Posted on Apr 02, 2008
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
7. It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure.
8. If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
9. If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
10. ensure that you have set removable drives for "quick removal" or that you use the "Safly Remove Hardware" option often shown on the lower toolbar.It is possible that files my not be fully written to external devices before they are removed. This corrupts the file itself and even on occasion the drive.
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
Hope this gives you the information you need
It would be very decent of you to consider the quality of our experts answers and judge them accordingly as you pass through FixYa.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
There are two possible
1. Damage to partition table
2. Damage to firmware
To fix the Transcend flash drive, you can use the JetFlash Online Recovery software, customer support from Transcend. This program can be used to save data, repair damaged partition table and damaged firmware.
JetFlash Online Recovery, you can download here Transcend Customer Support
How to use JetFlash Online Recovery, and analyze damage to flash drive, can you read in my blog. To find my blog, how:
Write a keyword in Google seach engine "Aplus Computer Fix Transcend Flash Drive". Analysis and how to use the JetFlash Online Recovery can you read in my blog.
Hopefully this information helps
Posted on Dec 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2011 | Transcend (589307) Media
Sep 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2009 | Transcend T.sonic 612 MP3 Player
Mar 02, 2009 | Transcend 8GB SSD, 2.5- Inch, IDE, SLC...
Aug 11, 2008 | Electronics - Others
Mar 21, 2008 | Transcend 4GB JetFlash 110 USB 2.0 Flash...
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: