Question about Televison & Video
Password to retune channels
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a TCL L42M61AZ
A firmware update from TCL will fix the problem. Call them and they will send out the firmware and a serial cable (required for update) for free.
I did the update yesterday and it fixed the problem (sound but no picture).
You will need a PC or laptop with a serial port (RS-232).
Posted on Feb 08, 2011
Testimonial: "Great to actually have some information as to how to solve the problem. The manufacturer should actually have this information on their website."
SOURCE: unlock code TCL L42M61AZ
Hi,there are two types of TV lock.
Child lock ,
TV code lock.
child lock If you had not set the password, try using the default password, 0000 or 1234. If not call the service centre for technical assistance.
TV code. TCL Color Television
· Simultaneously press "DISPLAY" button on remote handset and Volume- button on the front panel of television receiver for 6 to 8 seconds to get the various service menus.
· To access any parameter , use Up/Down keys of Program/Channel
· To change value of any Parameter, use +/- keys of Volume
· To exit POWER switch off the set.
Hope it helped..
Posted on Jul 10, 2011
SOURCE: TCL LCD TV L42M61AZ
i have the same problem found you can try turning it off and on for ages to get it to work or place a heat source at the rear of the tv for a while and it seems to work. I have also used a hair dryer with success
Posted on Jul 06, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2014 | Televison & Video
Feb 15, 2014 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Feb 11, 2014 | Televison & Video
Feb 27, 2012 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Automatically finds all channels available through antenna or cable inputs, and stores them in memory on the channel list.
- Run EZ Scan again after any Antenna/Cable connection changes.
- A password is required to gain access to EZ Scan menu if the Lock System is turned on.
1. Press the MENU button and then use UP/DOWN button to select the SETUP menu.
2. Press the FORWARD => button and then use UP/DOWN button to select EZ Scan.
3. Press the ENTER button to begin the channel search.
Allow EZ Scan to complete the channel search cycle for ANTENNA, and CABLE
Jan 14, 2011 | LG 42PX5D 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Nov 17, 2009 | Televison & Video
Oct 01, 2009 | Philips TV Tuner Video Capture PCI Card -...
Oct 01, 2009 | LG W2353V-PF 23' LCD Monitor
Mar 30, 2009 | Pioneer PDP-5080HD 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Sep 21, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!