How to connect my HTC evo to a hdmi tv?
Follow these steps:
1. Need a HDMI-to-Micro HDMI cable ($4-$8). Do not pay $30 at brand stores.
2. Connect the Micro HDMI to your phone.
3. Make sure that TV is off. Then connect the HDMI end of the cable to any available HDMI port on your TV/Display.
4. Reboot/Restart your EVO. This is a must do step for phone to recognize the HDMI connection. (Neither HTC nor Sprint were aware of this step.). On reboot/restart, you will see a HDMI logo on top left corner of your EVO. This lets you know that EVO is detecting the HDMI cable connection.
5. Turn on your TV. Select the matching Input (Signal Source) for your cable from the phone.
Now is time to what your pictures or MPEG video clips from your phone. Sorry no Netflix, Hulu, UVerse or any other non-MPEG format videos. However, you can play videos shot with EVO or play YouTube Videos.
For watching pictures/photos use "Gallery" app in your list of apps. Select the picture or pictures then from Menu select Slideshow.
Nov 27, 2010 |
HTC Cell Phones