Question about Amana 3.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer
We just moved into a new house & now my Amana front load washer will lock the door, fill with water & then 20mins later it reads "nd". I did the master reset & nothing, please help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello there and welcome to fixya
From what you're describing it sounds like the drain pump is blocked. The nd error code indicates "no drain". If the unit can't drain it won't spin. You're going to have to slide the washer out far enough to remove the rear panel; be careful not to damage the floor. Once you get the rear panel off you will see the pump. Be sure to have plenty of towels & a small container to catch water. I am sending you instructions from the service manual to remove and replace the pump. Another possibility is the drain line is blocked or something is stuck in the tub to pump hose.
Posted on Nov 05, 2011
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2015 | Amana Washing Machines
Jan 27, 2015 | Amana Washing Machines
Oct 05, 2017 | Amana Washing Machines
Hello - Washer not filling with water can be caused by many reasons. Most common cause is a faulty switch that doesn't allow the value inside turn or a kinked fill hose. Other possibilities can be water valve faults, faulty control board, pressure switch or wiring failure. Are the house valves turn on fully? Contact a professional to move forward accurately?
Oct 24, 2012 | Electrolux EIFLW55HIW Front Load Washer...
Nov 05, 2011 | Amana Washing Machines
Aug 23, 2009 | Maytag NFW7200TW Front Load Washer
Aug 01, 2009 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Nov 29, 2008 | Maytag Neptune MLG2000A Front Load Stacked...
Nov 17, 2008 | Kenmore 43042 Front Load Washer
1,515 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: