These are the steps you need to take to Remove the Keyboard for D631 Dell.:
- Remove the hinge cover.NOTICE: The hinge cover is fragile and can be damaged if extreme force is used. Be careful when removing the hinge cover.
- Open the display all the way (180 degrees) so that the display rests flat on your work surface.
NOTICE: To avoid damaging the hinge cover, do not lift the cover on both sides simultaneously. Removing the hinge cover in a different way than described may cause the plastic to break.
NOTICE: The keycaps on the keyboard are fragile, easily dislodged, and time-consuming to replace. Be careful when removing and handling the keyboard.
3. Remove the three screws at the top of the keyboard.
NOTE: Lift the keyboard carefully to ensure that you do not pull on the keyboard cable.
4. Ease the edges of the keyboard out of the small detents on the sides, then slide the keyboard slightly forward to free the keyboard tabs from the palm rest.
5. Rotate the top of the keyboard forward and away from the display, and lay it upside-down on the palm rest to gain access to the keyboard connector.
6. If the keyboard cable is held in place by a locking arm next to the keyboard connector, carefully spread the retaining bracket away from the connector so that you can pivot the locking arm upward to release the cable.
7. Pull up on the pull tab to disconnect the keyboard cable connector from the keyboard connector on the system board.