Question about DeLonghi EC330-s Pump Espresso Maker

1 Answer

Ec330 steamer smells of burning

The steamer smells of burning and is tripping out the electrics in my home

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 29 Answers

Either the outlet is short circuiting or your power cord is bad. You should try and plug it in to a different outlet. If problem consist, then you should call the company of the steamer and explain what happened.

Posted on Feb 07, 2014

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Electrical burning smell


with any kind of electrical burning smell you should call a technician. The smell could be generated from either the control panel being shorted or the motor itself overheating and burning the one of the windings out.

Aug 31, 2012 | LG Home Applaince Dryers

1 Answer

My washer keep shorting out why is this


It may be the motor, transmission, or both. If these are shot on your washing machine, the result may be an electrical burning smell. Both are necessary to run your washing machine and can be costly to repair. The first thing to do if you notice an "electrical" smell in your washing machine and not a "rubber" burning smell, is to unplug the machine and call the manufacturer or a repairperson.

An electrical burning smell may also be caused by a water leak coming into contact with electrical wiring. Both are major concerns and should be addressed immediately. A water leak can cause structural damage in your home and can short out the electrical wiring in your washer and cause additional damage to the machine.

Another more likely cause of a burning smell in your washer is overloading. Adding too many clothes to your washing machine can stress the motor or transmission, causing them to overheat or malfunction and emit a burning smell.
If the washing machine is old (15 - 20 years) you could have nuisance tripping on aGFCI outlet, however that doesn't mean you get rid of the protection of the outlet, it means you probably should consider replacing the washing machine for a newer model.

Apr 30, 2011 | Washing Machines

2 Answers

My dishwasher smells of burning and it tripped the electric


Hi,
There are couple of things it could be...the most likely is that the motor has gone bad...they will smoke first and then trip the breaker...if you get under the dishwasher you will be able to follow your nose right to the motor is that is the problem...
The other possibility would be that the heating element went bad and melted something before it shorted and tripped the breaker...that to your should be able to see rather easily in the bottom of your dishwasher...
At either rate you should be able to smell the problem or see the burn marks...

heatman101

Sep 15, 2010 | Dishwashers

1 Answer

Burning smell


There's a number of reasons to smell burning after a washing machine cycle. It's a 220V appliance, so if it short's out it will cause problems. It's more likely the motor being overloaded making it hot and causing the electrical burning smell, or a short that's overheating something electrical. Check to see if the belt that spins the whole barrel is melted or worn anywhere. Inspect the wiring that's attached to the system that engages spin, which is different from agitation by the big tower.
If these both check out, an trip to the Maytag Man might have to fix overloading motors or relays, or switches, if anything turns up in your search for the source of the electrical smoke. Ozone is what you are smelling, FYI.

May 31, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer

1 Answer

Electric shock from cooktop, didn't trip breaker,


Where did you smell the smell was it from the fan switch. turn the power off and take the screw out of where the fan switch is and check the wires to the switch and the switch itself. sometimes the jennair cooktops have issues with that switch. let me know how it goes

Sep 20, 2009 | Jenn-Air JED8230 Electric Cooktop

1 Answer

Dryer trips circuit breaker smell almost like something burning coming from dryer


In order to trip a circuit breaker, there is almost for sure, a dead short to ground. Takes quite a bit to trip a breaker. The smell is most likely something electrical burning. Stop resetting the breaker and have it checked out. Continous resetting and tripping can cause more damage. The breaker is doing it's job.

Jul 30, 2009 | GE DVLR223 Dryers

1 Answer

Blows electrical curuit


It has a serious electrical short, probably in the motor. It needs a service call, unless you're up to doing it yourself. Sounds like it could be very involved.

May 11, 2009 | Washing Machines

2 Answers

Burning Smell


sounds like the motor is fried or seized up, which would explain that smell.

Feb 17, 2008 | Refrigerators

Not finding what you are looking for?
DeLonghi EC330-s Pump Espresso Maker Logo

113 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top DeLonghi Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Henry  Thomas
Henry Thomas

Level 3 Expert

1074 Answers

Shehu Pro
Shehu Pro

Level 3 Expert

1284 Answers

Are you a DeLonghi Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...