Question about Verbatim Ac500gb 500gb Usb 2.0 2.5 External Hard Drive black AC500GB
The light comes on on the hard drive and i can hear it running, my computer acknowledges something is plugged in (makes sound), but it will not come up as anything has been plugged in, i have tried this on many computers and tried different cables too
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Shut your computer down. Disconnect you external hardrive. Power up your computer again. Power up the Verbatim and then connect to a USB port. You should hear a very quiet 'ping'.
Go to My Computer, and the Verbatim should be showing as one of your drives (probably Drive D). You should be able to open it from there.
Make sure that you have a Desk Top Icon for opening the hardrive, it makes it so much easier. Hope this helps
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
check to make sure it does not have a write protect switch on the device. if not, check device manager to see if you have harware conflicts.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
7. It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure.
8. If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
9. If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
10. ensure that you have set removable drives for "quick removal" or that you use the "Safly Remove Hardware" option often shown on the lower toolbar.It is possible that files my not be fully written to external devices before they are removed. This corrupts the file itself and even on occasion the drive
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
While the Hard drive is connected to one of the USB ports on your computer.
On your keyboard press and hold the power button and press the letter R.
When the Run box comes up type in devmgmt.msc
Expand the Universal Serial Bus cotnrollers
right click on every root hub and choose uninstall
after that restart the computer
Hope this helps!
Posted on May 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2015 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jul 08, 2011 | Western Digital Wd Elements Se 1tb...
May 06, 2010 | IO Magic Corporation GigaBank (I250HD35)...
Feb 26, 2010 | Western Digital My Passport Essential...
Nov 21, 2009 | SmartDisk 160GB FIRELITE PORTABLE FIREWIRE...
Nov 15, 2009 | Fantom Titanium USB 2.0 250GB 7200rpm...
Aug 22, 2009 | Hitachi Computers & Internet
Jul 21, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Home Edition 500...
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: