How do i use the schwinn airdriver 1100 pump
This pump is a bit strange to use. The valve in the filler head is odd in that it controls the flow of air in both direction...which is not a great design in my opinion...but it does allow for use in different filling applications. The trick is getting the pump into its different filling "modes"
For a Schrader bike valve:
1. Make sure the pump is in "tire mode" by blowing into the valve with your mouth. If you then pump the handle you should feel air filling your mouth.
2. Put the "locking lever" in the unlocked position, the unlocked
position is when the silver metal lever is parallel to the air hose, or
said another way it makes an "L" with the air outlet that goes on the
tire air filling stem. To verify this is correct, look in the air outlet and move
the lever from locked to un-locked, you will see slight
change in the diameter of the outlet.
3. Push the air filler hole over the schrader valve really hard and
make sure it is seated all the way down. Close the "locking lever"
(silver metal lever should now be perpendicular to the air house and be
in line with the air outlet... i.e. point straight out away from the
tire filler stem.
For a Presta bike valve:
1. Make sure the pump is in "tire mode" again.
2. Take off plastic caps off presta valves on bike tire.
3. Unscrew the little nut on the presta stem to allow the tire valve
to open when pressure is applied (you can test this by pushing the stem
in a little and air should escape, the nut holds the valve closed, so
it needs to be loosened).
4. Take the adapter from the locking lever (silver metal lever) on
the pump and screw it on the presta valve. The adapter is the brass
looking thing. Screw the rubber gasketed side down on the presta valve.
5. Press the air pump tire filler outlet onto the adapter.
6. Close the locking lever to seal the filler head on the adapter.
8. Unlock the locking lever and pull it off quickly.
9. Unscrew the presta adapter and screw down the presta valve nut but just finger tight.
10. Screw on the plastic cover cap for the presta valve.
To Fill a Ball:
1. Twist the ball pin filler out by rotating the gray plastic tab
around until the ball pin filler is pointing straight out (in-line with
the air hose).
2. Make sure the pump is in "Ball mode" by again blowing into the filler. Sometimes shaking the filler valve really hard is necessary.
3. Put the filler pin into a ball.
Hope this helps.
Apr 27, 2011 |