Question about Microwave Ovens
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
That would almost certainly be a problem on the control circuit board. If the bulbs happen to short / blow out or if they are removed or installed while the microwave is still plugged in, there is often an arc which causes damage to the board. We repair regularly these boards for such problems for $32.50 nationwide.
Posted on Dec 25, 2006
SOURCE: GE Microwave Surface Lights
The control circuits for the cooktop lights and the hood fan are spearate. The problem is indeed with the control unit. It's usually caused by either the filaments shorting when the lamp blows or by removing or installing the bulbs while the oven is still plugged into the power line. We regularly repair these nationwide for $32.50. Details of our service, as well as *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Feb 22, 2007
SOURCE: GE JVM1440 Spacesaver Microwave
You can fix it without the aid of a repairman. Simply unplug the microwave and remove the outer casing. There should be a few screws around the bottom edge and back panel. Once you have the unit open, look for where the power cord comes in. There should be a circuit board with a fuse mounted to it. This is your input line filter. The fuse should be a 20 amp appliance fuse that you can pick up at any hardware store (Lowe's and Home Depot both carry them). DO NOT op test with the outer casing removed. Potentials of about 14,000 volts are present in the high voltage network of a microwave oven. Close the unit up BEFORE you power it back up. Let me know if this helps.
Posted on Aug 11, 2007
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.
Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, linked here on Fixya:
Posted on Nov 28, 2007
You are correct the fan motor is either stuck or needs replaced.
There is no way to do this without removing the entire microwave. In case your not familiar with how microwaves work, there is a capacitor that is very large inside and can hold a charge even after it is unplugged for up to 24 hours, please take action to prevent getting shocked.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2015 | Siemens Microwave Ovens
Jan 13, 2014 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Oct 06, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Feb 04, 2010 | Sharp R-230 Microwave Oven
Nov 12, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1635 Microwave Oven
Jun 25, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
May 17, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1325WW Microwave Oven
Do you feel air flow? That's the key.
Most microwaves have the exhaust fan assembly at the back edge, not up front immediately behind the grille / vent.
Post back if you can give us more detail or have other questions.
Oct 13, 2007 | Hotpoint RVM1635 Microwave Oven
Oct 31, 2006 | GE JVM1840 Microwave Oven
11 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!