Question about SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Today out of no where my screen turned blue & the light of the wheel thing didnt turn off the whole time. I just left it until it died. Then I got home, put it to charge & it worked for a little bit. Then it just turned off on me completely. After I went online looking for a solution & found the instructions under me ( there's more but I only copied where I got up to). Everything was working just fine until when I entered the sansa program it said something that it couldn't read because it needed to be in msc mode, & mine says its in msd mode. What do I do?
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E250 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E250 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E250 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E250 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E250 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Our player had died after we re-formatted it and forgot to update. oops. =) but this worked. Thanks much for the post.
the follwing link supports these sansa devices.
( I did exactly what was posted, new link if you don't already have this on your pc. http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376 )
Posted on Mar 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2010 | Sony Walkman NWZ-S616F MP3 Player
May 05, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Player
Mar 29, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Player
Jan 07, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Player
Nov 08, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jun 29, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jan 03, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
May 26, 2006 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: