Re: my dvd player stopped working and all i want to do at...
If you just want to take out a DVD here's what to do:
1.Take off the top cover: - remove five screws on the back (indicated by little arrows) - remove two screws on each side (there are only two, this should be obvious) - when looking at the back of the unit, slide it up and towards you.
You should now be able to see your DVD. However there is a piece covering it.
2. Take off the top of drive: - remove two screws, (one on each side). They are very small (probably black) and on the top of the cover, on the far left and right. They might be hidden under small rubber squares. If so, just peel the squares off. - The cover should come right off. - lift out the disc
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The TV is indicating that a part of it is not working, like the dvd player that is missing. Modern electronics go through a set of tests and if a fault is found the stop working. Replace the dvd player, or get the set to a repair shop.
Please follow these steps (even if you are sure you have done them correctly :)
1) Check if something is blocking the path between the remote and the IR sensor on the DVD player.
2) Check your remote control batteries to make sure you have fresh batteries inside(try with new ones to be sure)
3) Make sure that you have inserted the batteries according to the polarity that is instructed.
4) Remove all the cables but the power supply and try to see if it works. If it does you have some faulty cable which should be replaced.
5) At last if none of the above points helps then either your DVD equipment or the remote control is faulty. You may contact your vendor demanding you guaranty wright or a service shop for diagnose and repair.
Finally , please don't forget to rate my post.
Wish you best of luck.
First try unplugging and plugging back in then remove caseing and insert paper clip under locking mechanism and hit eject...your locking mechanism signals that there's no cd in it and so to it there's no dvd or cd...hope that helps:)
I had the same problem and searched FIX and found a solution for a Phillips DVD player that worked on my Sony DAV-FC7 dvd player. Someone posted that they called their Phillips Tech Service and was told to (a) unplug the dvd unit from the wall and wait 20 seconds,then (b) press the standby+plug the unit back into the wall at the same time and hold for 10 seconds. I did this for my Sony DAV-FC7 which would not power on nor eject (just red light on). IT WORKED!! after doing these steps, my SONY powered on and the rented DVD ejected. The dvd palyer works again. Thanks fellow FIXYA "posters".
do you see the laser light come on when the disk spins if not it has probably lost power or failed, if so sometimes the laser head gets moved to close to the drive mechanism and the motor cant pull it out. i have found several of these that had this problem.
hey, this happened to me too. what you have to do is put it in standby mode, then press and hold the eject and stop button on the actual dvd player, the remote wont work doing this. this is how you can unlock and lock the dvds into the dvd player. why this is a feature jvc thought this needed im not exactly sure, but thats how you fix it.