I disconnected a speaker and re connected it while the system was on.Despite trying to reset the system with the procedures in the manual it will only come on for a second before switching itself off.Not sure if there is a fix or if worth fixing ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
After you reset, all the settings would go back to factory defaults.
Maybe the default settings for the sound in setup are for two speakers only. Maybe you have to go into setup and tell it you've got 5.1 surround (or whatever you have)
There is a button that says -Mix 2CH - make sure it does not say Mix 2CH ON, or you will only get 2 channels when watching DVDs. This Panasonic, as well as legions of other home theater systems, are more limited than they seem. The SC-HT500 can give you surround when watching DVD's on the unit, but you will not be able to get full surround for your TV, because the Panasonic does not have the right digital inputs.
unit needs repair. Look at the b speakers. Conect a speaker or two to the B position. If you have no sound than your surrond sound is ok and the unit is bad. Sound comes directly into the b speaker and not threw the surrond system. My 6070 has a cold start up problem. no sound. time to purchase a new one. to costly to repair.
I JUST EXPERIENCED THE SAME SITUATION HERE IS THE SOULTION YAMAHA SENT ME TO RESET THE SYSTEM HTR-5990
YAMAHA HTR-5990 FACTORY PRESET PROCEDURES
All models require the STANDBY/ON button to be turned OFF to start the reset process.
NOTE: The remote control cannot be used during the reset procedure. All necessary buttons to complete the reset process are located on the front panel of the receiver. This procedure is not intended to correct intermittent shut-off symptoms or problems
MODEL: HTR-5990 (U.S.A. model/s)
(BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, PLEASE READ THE ABOVE NOTES!)
1. Before you start this procedure, locate the MASTER ON/OFF button and the STRAIGHT/EFFECT button on the Front Panel of the unit.
2. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR RECEIVERS MASTER ON/OFF HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.
3. With the Right Hand, press and hold the STRAIGHT/EFFECT button.
With the Left Hand, press the MASTER ON/OFF button and HOLD both buttons for no more than 3 SECONDS, AT THE SAME TIME.
SP IMP. * 8 MIN. will appear on the display, which indicates you are in the Diagnostics Mode.
4. Rotate the PROGRAM KNOB to the right (ONCE) until the display reads PRESET *CANCEL.
5. Press the STRAIGHT/EFFECT button (ONCE) and the display will change to PRESET RESET.
6. Turn the unit off by pressing the MASTER ON/OFF button.
7. Wait 5 seconds, then turn the unit on by pressing the MASTER ON/OFF button. You have now reset your component to the factory settings.
NOTE: Yamaha receivers dont have to be reset during normal operation. It is not recommended that you reset the receiver unless a setting has been changed that you are not aware of, or the receiver is not operating properly. The reset procedure will clear an incorrect setting that might be causing abnormal operation.