Question about Samsung PCL545R 54" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Ghosting and distortion

Ghosting of color blue. Gradually getting worse and now horizontal lines have radical curve in them.  Research points me toward the “convergence board”.  Whatever that is!  I am fairly handy and don’t mind digging into it if I had more direction.  

Such as:

          Where would I by the parts?

          What does the board look like?

          Which one is the convergence board?
What do you think?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,694 Answers
Re: ghosting and distortion

You can buy just about anything you want on-line by searching.
 The convergence amplifiers are large, 2 inch x 3 inch IC's that
 are mounted on the largest heatsink(s) in your tv.Some Samsungs mount the convergence amp board up high,above the
main chassis (easy pull) or down low on main chassis.The part
number is Stk392-040.Change both for reliability.I use panasonic
brand  = never had a call-back failure yet.Reset alignment after
changing IC's. ..........T.

Posted on Oct 26, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points
Samsung PCL545R 54" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

85 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Projection Televisions Experts

Steven Wander
Steven Wander

Level 3 Expert

574 Answers

The Wyzzyrd

Level 2 Expert

83 Answers

Donald Griswold
Donald Griswold

Level 1 Expert

8 Answers

Are you a Samsung Projection Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides