Question about Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
1. In the PS3's XMB, go to the left and select Settings.
2. In Settings, go into SoundSettings.
3. Select Audio Output Settings, and select the type of cable you use.
4. The next page will give you an option for Automatic or Manual. Select Manual.
5. The next page will give you a list of all the audio settings the PS3 can output. Unselect every option except the ones grayed out, which are required.
6. The next page will ask you to confirm the selections, say yes.
7. (OPTIONAL) For those using HDMI cables, now that we have set them to default settings, we can actually start the process over again, but instead of selecting Manual we will select Automatic. This will force the PS3 to scan the devices again and set up the correct list of output modes.
Posted on Jan 06, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You most likely have the updated drivers. You may have to go and change a setting. I found an answer on the PS3 website that may be of some use to you. I hope this helps you: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=1662191 From the site: "go to bd/dvd setting and set the "108024hz" option off"
Posted on Aug 19, 2007
this has happen to me!! and i end up buying another ps3 and it end up the same!!! i fix both of them!!! and about over 200 consols with the same problem!!! this is what u do! you connect your control direct to your ps3. and then you hold the power button for 5 seconds!! the system will turn on!!!remove your finger for a second and hold the power button till you hear 2beeps then remove your finger and the system will shut off!! this is a manuel reset!!! the system will turn back on!! asking u to connect your controller!! you already have it connected. then it will give you about 6 options!! you will choose RESTORE FILES!!! your system will check for your system defaults!! then it will tell you that you have corrupted files!! and proceed with it!!! it will fix if you have problems with your controls,if it doesnt play games,blue ray,if it freeze, system shutting off,icon problems,only playing sertting games or movies!!! if you have problems or any question feel free to ask!! i know is fustrating!!!
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
The PS3 has a Blu-ray drive that can be
used not only for playing games but also for watching high-definition
movies. The best way to connect a PS3 to a high-definition viewing
device such as a video projector is through the PS3's high-definition
multimedia interface (HDMI) output. The HDMI connection can transmit up
to 1080p high-definition from the PS3 to the video projector using a
single cable. Attaching and setting up the HDMI cable will only take a
few minutes and will let you watch high-definition video from the PS3 on
the video projector.
Jul 16, 2011 | Hitachi 37PD5000 Television
Feb 01, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 09, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 29, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 21, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 22, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: