Question about Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
I have had no problem in the past with tranferring photos from my S5000 to my PC. However, lastnight when I tried to do the transfer it simply would not work. My PC did not even recognise the cmeras existence. I tried it on my laptop and I get a 'USB Device Not Recognised' message.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Try NOT connecting your camera to your computer.
The best way to download pictures from your camera to your computer involves removing the memory card from the camera and plugging it into a card reader (either built-in to the computer or connected via USB or FireWire). This is likely to be faster than connecting the camera to the computer, and won't run down your camera's batteries.
Once the card is plugged in, it will appear to your computer as a removable drive. You can use the operating system's drag&drop facility to copy pictures from the card to the computer's hard drive, the same way you copy any other files. Or you can use any photo cataloging program such as Picasa.
Posted on Dec 26, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Fuji Finepix S5000 ccd sensor
hi dude, i'm eric regarding your ccd problem , first i need to know where you buy this camera. if in singapore so you are lucky, because all s5000 model if that conform is ccd problem that is FOC for repair, but perhap other country olso is FOC for replace the ccd .maybe you log on to www.fujifilm.com.sg for more detail.my s5000 just replace the ccd and foc.ok good luck
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
I had the same problem with my camera & mac. I got this off the Fuji site and it worked for me:
If images cannot be downloaded from the camera to a Macintosh, check the status of the camera and the Macintosh and resolve the problem accordingly.
1) Check the status of the camera and Macintosh.
1. Connect your camera to the Macintosh and turn the camera on.
2. Open the "Applications" folder on the Macintosh HD.
3. Double-click "Image Capture".
* If the "Imaging device not connected" message appears, follow the steps described in [Checking the connection between the camera and PC].
4. Select "Preferences" from the "Image Capture" menu.
5. The procedure for using the Image Capture Preferences window differs depending on the OS version used. Use the correct procedure for your version of Mac OS.
- Mac OS 10.4: Click "General" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.3: Click "Camera" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.2: Simply proceed to the next step.
6. In "Items launched at camera connection", select "FPVBridge" and then click the [OK] button.
* If FPVBridge is not among the displayed items, follow the steps in [Displaying FPVBridge] below.
7. Quit "Image Capture".
If you implement the above procedure up to step 6, FinePix Viewer launches automatically.
* To stop FinePix Viewer from launching automatically, follow the steps in [FinePix Viewer Setup] below.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
I think it will stay closed with painters tape or gaffer tape. this type of tape is blue or black. it is strong but not super sticky. I also have the same camera. my battery cover broke after the strap got stuck on a door handle to my office and the door kinda crunched it.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
SOURCE: Finepix S5000
It's a failed CCD imaging unit.
The only fix is to have it replaced, but your camera is now around six to seven years old and so it's beyond economic repair.
The spares are no longer available as the camera is past it's original design lifespan, if you did find a spare it would need professional fitting and the labour costs would far exceed the camera value.
For less than the repair costs, you could now buy the Fuji S1500 for about £120. It does pretty much all that your current model does and to a far higher standard.
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2011 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Dec 30, 2010 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
May 07, 2010 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Sep 24, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Aug 19, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Jan 18, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Jun 01, 2008 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Nov 27, 2007 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: