Question about Samsung Yepp YP-T9 Digital Media Player
Yesterday plug it in to resynch some new playlists and it won't stay connected.
Symptoms USB Connected shows
1 second later USB Not Connected shows
appears to reboot 5-8 seconds and repeats
(just copy pasting another person's post since i have the exact same problem....)
I was able to resolve this exact problem by performing a low level format of the device and reinstalling the firmware.
Please note that this procedure completely erases the contents of the device.
1) Visit the Samsung support site specific to your region, obtain a recent version of the firmware and save it somewhere accessible.
2) Turn the unit off, then hold down the record button ( top-most button on the right hand side ) while pressing the power button. If you are stuck in the USB-reset-cycle as I was, holding the record button down while it thrashed about was sufficient as well.
3) Momentarily you will be on the "Low Level Format USB Mode" screen, a prompt will ask for keycodes. At this point your are about to remove all data and firmware from the device, pressing rec+menu will exit this screen leaving everything intact. Otherwise tap in: LEFT,LEFT,RIGHT,RIGHT,TOP,MIDDLE BUTTON, BOTTOM. An asterisk will appear for each key entered, the device will then completely erase the flash memory.
4) Essentially you now have a USB flash drive, powering the device on will present a "USB Mode..." prompt, connect the cable and plug it into an available USB port on the computer.
5) The device will mount as a standard removable device called "YP-T9". Open the firmware zip file downloaded in step 1 and drag the two files to the device.
6) When copying is complete, safely eject the USB device from the system. Power the unit off ( might be necessary to hold down REC+MENU to force it off ).
7) Hold the power button to start the device back up and a "Upgrading Firmware..." message should appear for a few seconds, after which you'll be back at the familiar interface. You may need to customize menu language to the locale of your choice.
You can now sync the device to your collection and enjoy until the next time it happens.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Nov 15, 2007
Restart u r pc.Unplug ur usb cable and replug it forcefully after restart.It is a problem of loose connection.I also meet this problem several times on my computer but resolved in the same way.
Posted on Oct 25, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2013 | Apple iPod classic 7th Generation
Mar 08, 2010 | Samsung YP-U3 MP3 Player
Feb 20, 2010 | Microsoft ZUNE JS8BRPBDLUG MP3 Player
Sep 27, 2009 | Nextar MA933A MP3 Player
Aug 29, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jan 17, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jan 03, 2009 | Elan VIA!dj-S MP3 Player
Sep 28, 2007 | Apple iPod shuffle Second Gen. Silver (1...
Apr 13, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
449 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!