A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1/Turn machine on without disc inside 2/Press menu button 3/Enter region code (See below for list) 4/A highlighted 'region area number' will appear in the upper left corner (some players) 5/Press 9 to change the region number to multi-regional 6/Turn machine off R1 - 29334 R2 - 38767 or, 5 7 5 3 8 R3 - 56732 R4 - 76884 R5 - 53814 R6 - 24462
I just bought the CH-DVR 1600
@ Target. This is just a temporary workaround to enable playing of
region 2 DVD disks (don't have other regions but believe it will work
also), until the real regional unlock is available.
1. Insert the region 2 DVD disk and close the tray.
2. Wait for the "Wrong Region" popup to appear in the upper-right corner of your TV screen.
3. The display on your DRV reads "STOP" at this point and the "Wrong Region" popup has disappeared.
4. Press the number "1" button on your DVR remote and a small input popup will appear in the upper-left corner of your screen.
5. Do not press anything else and the DVR will accept this entry as
a chapter # and proceed to this chapter to start playing the movie.
NOTE1: The DVR runs in a somewhat restricted node, e.g. the DVR
display still reads "STOP" and some remote functions do not work, such
as "Menu". The input numbers correspond to the chapters on the DVD
disk, so you can experiment and get to the menu once you hit one of the
extra feature chapters with a "back to the menu" link on it.
NOTE2: I’m anxiously awaiting the real unlock sequence, as I tried most of the old ones posted here, none seemed to work.
also try this -Switch player ON with no disc
in the tray. Close tray and press MENU, 1, and 9 on the remote control.
A menu should appear with the Region Option. Highlight the Region entry
and press ENTER on the remote. Type in the Region you want. (Put 0 for
code free) Press ENTER again to confirm choice. Press OPEN/CLOSE TRAY
button and put in movie.
I found a "hack' to make mine work :)
1. Open the tray 2. Press "Setup": Menu Screen should appear 3. Press "8-8-8-8" ( if you changed the password, you might have to change it back to 8888 ) The region number should appear on upper right corner. No other notation. Typically just the numeral "1". 4. Use the right (->) or left (<-) arrow keys to change the region to 255 for all regions.
5. Use the up or down button to go to 3001 and 4000. I had to change 4000 to 4001 to get mine to work, 6. Press "Setup" to exit.
It was a big relief to find this hack, because I misplaced my receipt and thought I was simply out of $30.
I have the same problem with my DP313 Norcent. I found though that it will play recorded dvds. It also will play older Dvds and some Anime ones. It will play older recorded mp3s but NOT newer ones, I'm not sure if it's because they are burned at a faster rate or what. Also it will not play any of the new dvds except as stated before some of the Anime ones. It pays to try everything out to ensure it not a mechanical problem. I found it's not with mine, but still unsure why it won't play new dvds?
Since the device is new, I suggest that you take it back to the shop, ask for a replacement and check it while in the shop to make sure its working.
This is assuming that you made sure that you're trying to play the correct format discs. Consult the manual on which format DVD's it can support. Its multi-region so that can't be the problem, but its possible that you're trying to play other unsupported formats.
Try also playing other discs - audio discs, DVDs, DIVX etc...
make sure the disc isn't scratched badly.
But the bottom line is you shouldnt have problems on the first day, take it back.