Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I need a new needle for my Garrard 40B turntable

The model is Garrard 40B and the cartridge number is C2 73347 but I don't know what type of needle it needs or where I can buy one. Please help!

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 16, 2014

    Does not eject

  • Jack Bax Sep 26, 2016

    The "C2" is the cartridge carrier insert which slides into the headshell of your 40B. The Stylus you're looking for is another story... Below, a photo of the cartridge which holds the stylus (the small block in which you fit the stylus).

    Upper photo: Garrard C2 Cartridge carrier
    Lower photo: Actual cartridge (black) with stylus (white). The latter tracks the record and is what you need depending the type of phono cartridge you're using.


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 69 Answers

Contact this company and ask them if they have the correct replacement or a suitable equivalent?

Posted on Oct 07, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What needle do I need for Garrard turntable model 3250? My needle is missing because of my son discarding it.

If you look at the cartridge it fits into. Then you will see a model type and number. Enter that into Google and the stylus will also turn up.

Feb 11, 2017 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I need a new needle- where can I get it- part number please.

Copy down the brand and model of the turntable and go to your local stereo shop. Radio Shack used to carry these, too - but I don't know if they do anymore. Sometimes the cartridge needs to be replaces as well. That will be the rectangular piece the needle is inserted to on the underside of the tone arm. If your see a name and number on it - write it down. The needle can be easy to replace - the cartridge however is a little more involved.

Sep 10, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How to change needle on record player

The "needle" should be connected to the record player in a simple fashion, just inserted into a slot. First see if you can remove the existing "cartridge" (the entire part that includesd the needle) and then look online for a replacement that looks the same, or search according to the turntable model number. There are many different types of cartridges, so you need to know what to buy. Here is a link to show man of the possibilities:

Search google with the model number of your turntable, and then the word "cartridge"

Feb 11, 2015 | Crosley CR711-BK AutoRama Retro Turntable...

2 Answers

Not sure which stylus fits my sl-2500 cartridge

The proper stylus is the best you can afford. However the cartridge itself will only take certain types. To find which simply enter the cartridge make and model number into Google and see what comes up.
Actually most hi-fi buffs say it's the cartridge and stylus combined that gives the best sound, since many cartridges fit only one stylus it's often the cartridge that is the real choice. Most turntables will take a wide range of cartridges, so you pay your money and take your pick.

Mar 31, 2014 | Gli Pro SL-2500 Turntable

1 Answer

Need a new turntable needle

Best source for finding these are online.
eBay is perhaps the most price competitive however you really need to know they exact needle for your machine.

If you search, you can find comparison charts to match up your old needle. These are usually the best. If you don't have the old needle, try to figure out what type of cartridge your machine has, then find a needle based on that info.

Worst case you may have to buy a new cartridge and needle.
Be sure to save the make & model numbers!

I can personally vouge for these guys:
they do a great job of helping people find what they need.

Aug 10, 2013 | RCA Spirit Of St. Louis Radio/Cassette/CD...

1 Answer

Numark needle broke

Generally yes. Just type the cartridge number into Google and it should find the right stylus - not needle!!!

Dec 28, 2012 | Numark ttUSB Turntable

1 Answer

I am looking for a new needle for a KD-2070 turntable and unsure of what kind to get?

The answer is on the cartridge. It should have a make or model number on it. You can type that into Google and the word stylus. You should find the correct type. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a new cartridge and stylus together. You can then go for any type, as long it will fit on the headshell of the arm.

Jan 11, 2011 | Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I can't find a needle/cartridge for my turntable, it's a Numark TT-1910

if you have the headshell left with the 4 little wires hanging out then you will need a complete cartridge.
turntableneedles dot com/Half-Inch-Standard-Mount_c_49632.html
if you have the cartridge part then it's still good and you only require a new needle. Type your cartridge number into the search window at the above website.

Apr 24, 2010 | Numark TT1910 Turntable

1 Answer

Turntable arm slides across record, Am. D.J.-1500

See what type of cartridge is installed in the arm. Manufacturers use common cartridges in turntables, such as Stanton, Shure etc. Detach the head shell from the arm (it usually slips right off via a locking ring and four-pin mini plug) Look for the manufacturer and model number on the cartridge. No need to remove it from the head shell. On most modern cartridges, the stylus (as they are called, rather than the needle) simply slips off and on. No need to remove the entire cartridge (via screws) and re-align it. In fact, many DJs bring a set spare cartridges and styli on a gig, already mounted in head shells, and simply interchange them as needed. When you have the make and model of the cartridge, go to Radio Shack or use their website to order a new one...or  two. Or go to Google and enter "phono stylus" as your search term. You will find reasonably priced styli for nearly every cartridge imaginable. I operate 50 year-old turntables and am able to find replacement cartridges and styli on line. Ebay also has a number of listings, by make and model of the cartridge. When the new stylus arrives, observe how easily the old one comes out of the cartridge- usually pull and slide - and slide the new one in. Re-insert the head shell on the arm, tighten the locking ring, and you're good to spin!

Jan 06, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Magnavox Stylus

We need to know the model number of the CARTRIDGE itself. Doesn't matter what turntable you have. All that matters is what cartridge is mounted on the turntable, so that we can match the correct stylus. The stylus/needle connects to the Cartridge:

As the diagram shows, the stylus mounts to the cartridge, which then mounts to the headshell. This headshell is then connected to the tonearm (tube).

So, if you look at the cartridge you should be able to see the model number. If not, there is no way to match up the stylus, as ther are literally THOUSANDS of styli on the market. I would suggest purchasing a NEW cartridge/stylus combination. The following should fit your model:



- Davis
DJ Pro Audio

Aug 10, 2008 | Philips Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

681 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5056 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74106 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides