An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: replacing ink cartridge problem
Ok, if you try to print you get " end of service life.....thing" in your monitor screen. Its time to reset your printer counter back to zero.You can get to check also it waste bin if you like to check whether the waste bin could overflowed by ink.Here's youre tool linkhttp://www.fixya.com/support/t1837800-step_step_use_resetter_softwareIts the same software to be use. Just read the tutorial on their site also before doing the reset.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Remove the cart ridges, restart printer, does the lights still flash? restart printer, place cartridges back in, make sure the tape is removed from the cartridge. also you can try cleaning the contacts.
So after you have connected the carts again, restart printer. how is it?
Flashing alternately mean waste pad full. Reset using SSC utility or Adjusment program/resetter. But, you must replace cartridge before. Turn off printer, unlock carriage lock (left side of carriage at parking position). Move carriage by hand to replacement position. Replace ink tank. Reset using the resetter.
Did you replace the ink cartridge with a new one, or did you refill an old one.
Some printers have a memory and can tell which ink cartridge is in them. This prevents them from easily being fooled into printing with refilled cartridges.
Another option is that you changed the ink cartridge without following the specific guidelines for replacement e.g. To replace the ink cartridge, select replace ink cartridge from the main menu, then open the printer panel when the light flashes X number of times.
You might also try unplugging the printer for a couple of minutes the reset it.
If both lights are flashing alternately, it means the Waste Ink Pads in your printer are saturated with ink and the waste ink ("protection") counter has exceeded its limit. The Waste Ink Pads should be replaced as soon as possible. You can overcome this problem temporarily by using the SSC utilit to reset the Protection Counter. This will stop the lights flashing and restore normal operation.
However, remember that eventually ink will overflow from the waste ink area and make a dreadful mess, so you must change the waste ink pads before this happens. This requires the disassembly of the printer.
If you decide to have a go at replacing the ink pads yourself, report back and I will provide further help.
Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by
holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the
paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling
out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do
this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any
obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or
ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the
printer back on.
If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume
button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the
printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
I have had the same frustrating problem.
I cntacted the Kodak live web chat help line and after removing the print head,switching the machine off for 1 min and reconnecting.Clean heads and recalibrate.
.....Still the same.
They then told me the print head was faulty and to contact Kodak for free repalcement.
No the ink is not to low you could try removing the ink cartridges and using a soft cloth wipe clean the little gold contacts on the cartridge and also the printer. Is the ink cartridge a original one if not even though the HP software states that there is 20% in there the likely thing is that the cartridge is empty replace and this should be OK.
I hope the first suggestion works for you as will not cost any money.