Question about LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
I would like to instal myself the DVD burner.
I don't know how.
I have flat cabel Amphenol G802004 conected to the DVD burner,what I have to conect more and how?please.
In my PC I have conected now: DVD drive and CD drive and the small floppy disk mechanic.
CAn you help me advice what and how to conect ?
Thank you very much Karel
My first suggestion to you would be to look at the installation manual provided with your DVD Super Multi Rewriter.
However lets assume that you've misplaced it along with your ability to write coherently.
If that be the case, this is what you need to do:
Write the following down because you are going to need to switch off your PC and unplug the power supply before you begin for safety reasons (both yours and your PC's)
1. Make sure you have the proper installation software that came with the package.
2. Power down your PC then unplug it from the main power source.
3. Remove the screws that fasten the side panel of your PC (top panel if you have a Desktop PC that lies flat) then remove the panel.
4. Remember to discharge any static electricity buildup you may be holding on the chassis before touching anything! (repeat as often as necessary)
5. Look at how many devices you currently have installed, like hard drives; floppy drives; CD drives ect. and make sure there is still enough room on your motherboard (IDE Slot) to install the device. make sure that your jumper settings for master or slave are set correctly (if unsure use CS - Cable Select)
If none of this makes sense to you at this point I STRONGLY suggest you get a qualified technician to do this for you, rather spend a little money and save your PC!
6. locate a free (unused) 5.25" bay and install your DVD Super Multi Drive. You may have to remove a dust cover plate and/or a metal protection plate before being able to install the drive, if so, be careful not to injure yourself, as some of the metal plates have sharp edges.
7. Once the device is installed, Insert the 40 pin IDE cable into the back of the device, making sure that Pin 1 of the cable (often red or black) is at Pin 1 of the device (often the closest side to the 4 pin power connector).
8. Insert the 4 pin power cable (it has a unique shape that allows you to only plug it in the correct way). Then insert the Audio cable (optional - if analog cable is not installed often Windows will use digital audio automatically)
9. Make sure that you have fitted all the cables, on both ends, properly before closing the case.
10. Close the case, fasten the cover and plug the power back into the socket. power up the PC... If you notice anything strange or hear more than one beep at your startup there is a good chance that you have touched something that you weren't supposed to touch. (If this is the case, switch off the PC immediately and consult an authorized technician)
11. If you are using Windows (r) 98, Millennium, XP or NT it should detect that you have installed new hardware, follow the instructions or skip them if you want to use the CD provided for installing (both ways have similar results) If you are using another type of OS you're probably clever enough to figure out where to find help, or write your own software for it to work :P
Good Luck and Enjoy!
Posted on Jun 05, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2010 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Jul 07, 2009 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Apr 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2008 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Nov 26, 2007 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Aug 25, 2007 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Jun 27, 2007 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Jun 19, 2007 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Apr 21, 2007 | LG (GSA-4167B) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
309 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: