Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I get an error message to load paper in the photo tray but the paper is loaded. Also, I discovered a black plastic clip or trim piece lying on the main paper tray. Does this control how the tray feeds? How do I replace this piece?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Automatic Document Feed (ADF) does not pick up paper. Follow each step, problem seems to be in pick assembly. Prcess took less than 5 minutes with a successful outcome.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
SOURCE: 13.01.00 paper jam tray 2
The pickup rollers are worn out. Replace them and your problem will be gone. While you are sourcing them, use some alcohol. This may give them a little more life.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Check the manufacturer's web-site:
to see if they offer a "Service Manual" for download.
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
From the control panel of the printer, do the following:
1. arrow down once to highlight the 2nd item: "paper handling".
2. press the check button (turquoise color) to select this option.
3. arrow down 2x's until you highlight the "tray 2 size".
4. hit the check button to select this item.
5. You should see a size that is "letter" and there should be a ' * ' asterisk which means that is the default setting. If you see other paper sizes as well, then arrow up or arrow down to highlight the preferred size, and then press the check button to insert the asterisk ' * ' which will set that as the default.
6. you change the paper type as well as paper size for the other trays in the same fashion. Most HP printers will select paper according to the SIZE as well as the TYPE. The printer can "sense" the paper size in the paper cassette tray by the stops that hold the paper. Therefore the printer will choose that paper based upon the SIZE and what you define as its type.
Posted on Feb 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 26, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 20, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4050n Printer
Nov 09, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 26, 2008 | Canon PC-921 Black and White Copier
Jun 06, 2017 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 14, 2008 | HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One Printer
117 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!