- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
www.fixya.com > Forum > Microwave Ovens > Sanyo
Recent Sanyo EM-P672W Microwave Oven questions, problems & answers. ... Mysanyo super shower microwave wave stopped working it shows on the display to press clock key but ... What would cause my Sanyo Microwave to not heat up?
Main control boardIf
your microwave runs for a few seconds and stops, the first thing to
check is the main control board to ensure that a shortage has not
occurred. If the part is defective then it will need to be replaced to
prevent continual shut offs. If this is not the issue, the next step
would be to check for a faulty touchpad.
the control board is not the issue and your microwave continues to shut
off after running for only a few seconds, the next thing to check is
your touchpad, which is also known as a control panel. Although uncommon
for this issue, symptoms are usually that the display and some buttons
are working properly; however, when selected some buttons are not
functioning. If this is the case the touchpad will need to be replaced.
Try heating up touchpad with blowdryer , if that doesnt work replace touchpad.... On the smh9207st remove plastic cover from the back of the door . Remove 4 screws and 1 screw at the top of the door . Unplug two connectors Gently. ... Peel off front touchpad . Install is reverse of removal . Be safe .....part was $45 @ repairclinic.com
I am not familiar with the Whirlpool microwaves; however, I just had the same problem with an LG over the range microwave. Several of the positions on the touchpad quit responding to touch. In our case, it was the touchpad itself that was the problem.
The touchpad on our microwave was held in place with adhesive. We pulled it off and replaced it with a new touchpad. Everything works now. The only complication is getting to the connector which carries the signals from the touchpad to the microwave controls. We had to remove and dissassemble the door to get to that connector.
The touchpad has its own fuse which has probably blown due to a surge perhaps related to the turning on of the fridge. Removing the cover from a microwave is potentially lethal due to the large capacitor to drive the magnetron. However, this is usually well away from the front panel. If you do venture in you should first unplug the unit and when the outer cover is removed, discharge the large capacitor with well insulated pliers -= otherwise keep well away from it. The fuse you are interested in is on the pc board behind the touchpad. Replace it with exactly the same fuse (usually a slow blow fuse).