I am going to send you several things. Check all of these,
There will be directions on Secure fax, it should be disabled, Delay fax , disable, how to print out a secure fax from memory. You want ECM mode to be ON, and please TURN OFF junk fax. Here are the steps, it will be in several posts.
First secure fax. I doubt you have a password.
Know what, I just thought of this. In order, press "menu #1934. You will enter the tech diagnostic mode. Press your machine status button , scroll to maintenace and perform a memory reset. In tech mode it will default items that the uses reset will not.
Now Secure fax...
- Press the [Menu / Exit] button on the Control Panel. 'System Data' will be displayed on the Display Screen.
- Press the [Down] arrow button until 'System Setup' is selected, and then press the [Enter] button.
- Press the [Down] arrow button until 'Secure Receive' is selected.
- Press the [Right] arrow button to select [ON] or [OFF], and then press the [Enter] button.
- If 'OFF' is selected, skip to step 7. If 'ON' is selected, 'EnterPasscode' will be displayed. Enter the 4-digit passcode using thenumeric keypad, and then press the [Enter] button. 'Confirm Passcode'will be displayed.
- Enter the 4-digit passcode again, and then press the [Enter] button.
NOTE: If the passcode is unknown, contact your System Administrator.
- Press the [Stop] button to return to the Standby mode.