Question about Washing Machines
There might be many reasons. Let me list all if them so that it would be of great help.
1. Turn the water off and disconnect the hose from the washing machine. Inside the hose connection at the washing machine are small screens. they need to be pulled out with a pick or tweezers (be careful not to damage them) and cleaned. Sediment and water deposits settle there and prevent the flow of the water.
2. Here are some little screens in the ends of your hoses that may be clogged.
3. Have you tried checking the water filter trap screens on the back of the machine where the hoses are connected? Sometimes they get clogged with hard water deposits.
4. It was a part called the water inlet valve, where the hoses connect to the washing machine. It was a $15-20 part. Write down the model # of your washer and go to an appliance parts store. I figured this out by going towww.repairclinic.com.
5. Pull the hose off of the washer, the cold water hose, and removed the screen that goes into the washer. It dmight not look that dirty, but clean it anyway. That would fix this.
6. Behind the machine, right where the hose meets the washing machine line, there is a filter. It's a tiny wire filter, take it out whenever I think the water flow is slowing down, and I clean it. He puts it back in and it's as good as new.
7. Check the screen at the end of the hose, to make sure it wasn't clogged. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a switch in the machine, which regulates the incoming hot and cod water. The switch cost $25 (4 years ago) + labor for a total of $80.
Any further help, let me know.
Thanks for using "Fixya".
Do rate the solution as "Fixya' if 100% satisfied.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2011 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Dec 30, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Sep 13, 2010 | Washing Machines
Oct 24, 2009 | Washing Machines
Apr 29, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 15, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Mar 03, 2009 | Washing Machines
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: