Question about Acer Aspire 4530-5889 Notebook PC
i want to install RHEL 5 on ACER ASPIRE 4530, but i stuck up SATA driver area where i can't go forward. is there any work around for mount any USB devices so that the Drivers can be copied.
it will be helpful if i get the relvant link for trouble shoot this issue ASAP
Hoping the earliest reply
Thanks & Regards,
1) Get SATA drivers for Windows (whatever flavour you use)
For you who want to get driver AHCI for Acer 4530, the driver can be download here:
2) Control Panel, Add New Hardware.
3) Yes, already connected, browse to the bottom, hit “add a new device”
4) No, point it to the directory of your SATA drivers
5) Choose your driver from the list that returns. (Mine was the nVidia SATA controller)
6) Uninstall other standard IDE controllers (Not Primary nor Secondary)
7) Reboot and enter your BIOS
8) Change to AHCI mode
9) Boot to Windows… , if you success you will not meet the Blue Screen and Windows will install and find the driver automatically.
10) Windows wants to reboot. Do that.
11) Go to Device Manager and then uninstall the AHCI controller that you installed (there will be two or more now, but must Uninstall the one with the exclamation mark)
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2011 | Acer Aspire 4530-5889 Notebook PC
Jan 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 27, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4530-5889 Notebook PC
Sep 27, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
Jun 21, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
451 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: