Question about Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
Hammer Phasing Adjustment:
Important: The printer must be printing the Phase pattern of “H’s” when the
Phasing Value is changed, or the New Phasing Value will not be written
into NVRAM. If the value is changed when not printing, the printer will
return to its default phasing value when powered off then back on.
1. Raise the printer cover.
2. Install the ribbon.
3. Load full width (136 column) paper and set the top of form.
4. Power on the printer.
5. If the printer is on-line, press the ON LINE key to place the printer off-line.
“OFFLINE / CONFIG. CONTROL.” displays.
6. On the control panel, press the = + > keys to unlock the ENTER key.
“ENTER SWITCH UNLOCKED” briefly displays. (If “LOCKED” displays,
simply press = and > again. This is the default key combination. The lock/
unlock key combination can be programmed by the user. If = + > does
not unlock ENTER, get the combination from the user.)
7. Press the ; key. “OFFLINE / DIAGNOSTICS” displays.
8. Press >. “DIAGNOSTICS / Printer Tests” displays.
9. Press >. “Printer Tests / Shift Recycle” displays.
10. Press ; until “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” displays.
11. Press ENTER. The display shows “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” and the
test begins. The current phasing value is printed on the left of the printed
pattern of all H’s. As the pattern prints, compare the H’s to the figure
below. If the phasing needs adjustment, go to step 12. If the phasing is
OK, go to step 15.
12. Press >: The current phase index displays. Press > again: An asterisk (*)
appears next to the phase value.
13. Press < to increase or ; to decrease the phasing index value, then press
ENTER to activate the value as it prints. Continue to increase or decrease
the phasing index until the pattern of H’s is acceptable.
14. Press = twice: “Printer Tests / Phase Printer” displays.
15. Press ENTER to stop the test.
16. Press CLEAR. “OFFLINE / CONFIG. CONTROL” displays.
17. Press = + > (or the key combination set by the user). “ENTER SWITCH
LOCKED” briefly displays.
18. Close the printer cover.
19. Press the ON LINE key to place the printer on-line.
NOTE: If you changed the phasing value, power down the printer, remove
the shuttle cover, and write the new phase value on the aluminum
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
Seems like you need to do a Phasing adjustment. If that doesn't work could be a few different things.
Please give me a call.
Midrange Repair and Parts
3821 W. 127Th Place
Alsip IL 60803
AOL IM: RORYMRP
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Print result p7005
You have something caught in the hammerbank cover. Sometimes a piece of lint, paper chad or some ribbon fabric will get hung in the holes and need to be cleaned out. Remove the ribbon, open the 'mask' as far as you can and look into the hammerbank area to find and remove the debris. Reload the ribbon and run a test print to see if the problem is solved. If not, the problem will usually be a hammer that is not retracting.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2013 | Printronix T5000r Label Printer
Apr 09, 2013 | Printronix LineJet® P7005 Printer
Apr 19, 2011 | Printronix Line Matrix P5215 Printer
Sep 24, 2010 | Printronix Line Matrix P5005B Printer
Oct 19, 2008 | Printronix P7005 Matrix Printer
623 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!