Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
To be really honest. There are so many solutions. I can offer you 2 solutions if that work, it's great unless let me know so that i could tell you more options.
1. Press and hold "left arrow" key
2. Press the "setup" key and release both keys
3. Press and release the "OK" button
4. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says“System Configuration Menu”. 2. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
6. Press and release the “OK” button.
7. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
8. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
9. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times asnecessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screenappears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRYTO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
10. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
11. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
12. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWERBUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”.Press OK.
13. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the nextstep. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATIONPROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once theinitialization process is complete, the printer will print out aDiagnostic Page.
14. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or software installation.
15. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the printer is already defective.
1. Press the On button to turn the printer off.
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
3. Remove all the ink catridges.
4. Wait two minutes.
5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
6. Press the On button to turn the printer on.
7. Install the ink cartridges when prompted.
Any further help, let me know.
Thanks for using "Fixya".
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
If its under warranty then I would return it to get repaired or get a replacement as there is something seriously wrong with the printer and I would advise against trying to fix it yourself as you may cause more damage then anything else - feel free to find articles on google but I have found HP to be pretty good when it comes to having issues so I would suggest you contact them via phone and they will be able to help you further to resolve the issue without any complications.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Jun 12, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 07, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Apr 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
May 23, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 17, 2008 | HP Photosmart 3210 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 27, 2007 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
555 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!