Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console

1 Answer

Unreadable disc druing game play

whenever i play halo 3 matchmaking on my xbox360 it will boot me back to the Dashboard whenever i played certain maps, and it said disc unreadable. this only happen when i play The Pit, Foundry, Avalanche, or Assembly. Mostly when i play these maps it will boot me to the dashboard but if i am lucky it let me play . (90% chance Boot to dashboard , and 10% chance allow me to play)

why is it only these maps? how could i fix that?? and what's causing this to happen. i am so frustrated keep getting boot why i am playing rank games

P.S. it let me finish loading the map, but when about to start it boot me back to the dashboard 
i would be so thankful it anyone could help me fix this problem 

if you have an solution, please send me a message to my email 

Posted by on

  • w_m_168 Jun 04, 2009

    i try the disc on my friends xbox360 and have no problem with it.

×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 33 Answers

The disc is probably Damaged, With the new North american dashboard alot of the times you can install the game to reduce loading, try this, it might just save you alot of trouble,

Posted on Jun 04, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Hwhat does it mean when it wont read one game but will read another


it means the one that wont read is scratched, dirty or defective, my advice is to clean it if its dirty, get a cd repair kit if its scratched or take it back if its defective.

Sep 13, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console

1 Answer

Halo 3 Matchmaking not working... for me


first check your fire wall settings on your comp, then make sure its just halo, if its just halo then it could be the disc.

Jul 02, 2009 | Microsoft Halo 3 for Xbox 360

2 Answers

Cant play campaign or solo mode even when friend invites


check the game for dirt or scratchs or any kind of problem it might be the game it happened to me once so it is most likely the game

May 29, 2009 | Microsoft Halo 3 for Xbox 360

1 Answer

My XBox 360 freezes


Well if these spot are consistent on certain disks time after time it is most likely a scratch, smudge or defect on the disk. check them all for scratches and if they are dirty try to clean them very gently with a soft cloth. This would only really concern your actual console if it occurs during heavy game loading or at the same spot during a load. Try cleaning all your disks and get back to me. GL

May 26, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console

2 Answers

Xbox live halo 3


u need an xbox live account (£5.00 a month) (£40.00 a year)

Mar 10, 2009 | Microsoft Halo 3 for Xbox 360

1 Answer

Halo 3 matchmaking


Halo 3 Matchmaking could have something to do with the Maps as it usually does. Try changing from Matchmaking to Custom Games and then back again and see what happens. Also if you have the Heroic And Legendary Map Packs then try re downloading them without deleting them. If none of this works try a complete new copy of the game and make sure it isnt installed to your hard drive.

Jan 26, 2009 | Microsoft Halo 3 for Xbox 360

1 Answer

Halo 3 Update problem


I would try deleting everything off of your memory units. (Including your gamer tag) Go and restore you factory defaults on your console again without any hardrives or memory cards. Reset your console and re insert the memory unit. Go to the dashboard and recover your gamertag. Re download any mappacks you may have purchased. (Dont worry, it will be free.) Then try it all again.

May 12, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console

1 Answer

A few unreadable disc errors, some freezing, then no picture.


Rats. Sorry to hear that. If your Xbox360 is still under warranty then you can call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and arrange to have it fixed.

This is a common problem and some people even choose to replace the DVD drive to reduce the noise while the console is operating.

Here's a link to help identify what drive you have in your console now: http://llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm

Here's another user's story of how he solved a similar problem:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t533388.html

Here's a place to buy a replacement drive:
http://www.etech4sale.com/Philips_VAD6037_21_Xbox_360_Replacement/VAD6037_21/partinfo-id-213036.html

And lastly here's a tutorial with more details:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_repair.htm

Dec 19, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microsoft Xbox 360 Console Logo

165 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microsoft Video Game Consoles & Games Experts

marley mcelhinney

Level 3 Expert

490 Answers

Tre Elkins

Level 3 Expert

643 Answers

Martin Murray

Level 3 Expert

1623 Answers

Are you a Microsoft Video Game Console and Game Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...