We replaced our drum unit because the light was flashing, and since we've replaced it, the quality of the print is horrible. It is very dark with black lines / streaks running all throughout the print.
Are you using recycled toners, as these have a habit of spilling toner out? Take the toner unit out of the drum and look at the green roller in the drum to see if that has the toner marks on it. Don't hold this unit in the light too long as it can damage it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the print quality is still acceptable you may be able to perform a reset on the drum counter. If print quality is bad you will need a new drum. Reset instructions at this site. Brother HL 2150N Drum Unit Reset Instructions
This means you need to replace the drum unit but if the print quality is ok you can reset the counter and avoid outlaying the money for a new one.
Simply open the front door and hold down the button until the lights flash, close the door and the drum counter is reset.
The light blinking means it's almost used up, when it comes on solid it will stop printing. If your prints still look good you can open the front door and hold the go button til all lights flash, and it will think it's a new drum. You can replace then when print quality gets bad.
your laser printer
1) print color quality is now distorted that means print skew (technician called)
2) print tint means the print color not enough density,
3) print mottle means print dirty
you may try
1) print distorted--- find out the skew adjustment from your printer manu, it is adjust the image before transfer to the drum.
2) print skew could be happened when the drum replace install not very accurate, so install it more carefully.
3) print tint---you may increase print density from the manu, not fix,
4) print tint---the toner caridge near life cycle or using the less compatible toner. so you have change the quality toner or cartridge (if near life cycle) to improve quality photo print
5）print mottle---toner quality ? or cartridge near life cycle also cause print dirty paper,
Hi jbasset285: Your printhead may be bad do to third party ink.
Try these steps first.
Diagnosing Print-Quality Problems
The Troubleshooting Print-Quality Page provides a good overview of the most
common print quality problems. To print the Troubleshooting Print-Quality Page,
follow these steps:
1. From the Control Panel, scroll to Troubleshooting, then press OK.
2. Scroll to Print Quality Problems, then press OK.
3. Scroll to Troubleshooting Print Quality Page, then press OK.
The Troubleshooting Print Quality Page includes instructions for printing the
Eliminate Light Stripes test print. These instructions are also provided on the next
page of this manual. The Eliminate Light Stripes test print indicates individual weak
or missing jets or an obstruction in the imaging path that affects a vertical band down
the entire page. Also, you may see color variation from jet to jet on the Eliminate
Light Stripes test print. Some variation is normal, occasionally occurs, and usually
self-corrects within a few printed pages. If a print-quality problem is not resolved
with the information provided in the Diagnosing Print-Quality
the problem is not with the printer, problem is with your general knowledge, to print on cd/dvd surface means you have to stick the sticker (cd label sticker) on the cd, then put the cd on the printer to print.
hope u will soon understand......